My stars aligned again recently and am now the proud owner of a 1987 Ibanez RG550!! in what I and a few others on Jemsite believe is a Japanese Domestic Market Five Alarm Red with a Rosewood fingerboard. Meaning it shouldn't be here It doesn't have any chips and hardly any play wear. Color's not faded at all as I believe it's lived in it's case most of it's life. It has the typical neck pocket crack on the left side and also has a tiny 1/2 inch crack on the back of the locking nut. It's freaking awesome though and I think I got a heck'uva deal. I traded a fair conditioned Gibson SG Faded. I knew right after I bought the Gibby I had made a mistake. Chunky neck was chunky and didn't feel right in my hands at all. The wizard neck and I were made for each other <3 Edge stays in tune for days even after quite a bit of abuse. The pickups are slightly weak, however very dynamic. Much more so than the Sg's stockers and AY setup. It's also sooo much lighter than the SG!! So without further ado, PICSSSSSSSSS.

Also, teaser shot of the new build
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Last edited by BlackIce87 at Sep 4, 2011,
Quote by BlackIce87

Also, teaser shot of the new build

now that...i wana see
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Hawt.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
cool

does it feel like todays ibanezes?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Wisthekiller
When you do that, can you tell us how? I have tried a few times with absolutely no success (used the project guitar method and everything)...

I actually had Herc Fede do it. There's 3 main swirlers in the business, Darren Johansen, Alan at OOTS, and Herc. Swirlings not to difficult, it's just getting these kinds of results lol. Idk how they do it. Black magic or something lol.

Thanks for the comments on the guitar guys. I played an RG350 and managed to knock it out of tune within the first 5 minutes of playing That and my neck feels slightly thinner. The original edge is a force to be reckoned with. I'll probably be using one on the Jem as well.
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
I love that...so much.....i busted a nut.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Haha and the little black thing on the back was there to hold on Alan wrench. I'm going to pull the sticky off eventually just haven't got around to it yet.
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem