Hey everyone, I would like some comments and thoughts on our heavy song "Blind Me"
Click here to listen on YouTube.

This is my bands(Embracing Abomination) second single.

We also have some really soft songs I'll post later, but this one seems to be everyone's favorite thus far. What do you think? Is the quality good? Do you like this style?
This is seriously badass.

It's got a lot of grindcore elements to it that I really dig. It has a cool groove with some off-tempo and off-key riffs that sound really awesome. It almost has a drone feel at some parts (but in a good way). Vocals fit it very well and I like that the spoken parts in it aren't done in the normal "hardcore" way. They're added as an artistic element, and not as a focus to the song, which I think is the right way to go about doing it in something like this. The voice augments were cool on it as well, make it sound really eerie and dark.

Production-wise, it sounds great. One of the best I've heard on UG, definitely. At some parts, I would've liked the cymbals to be a bit louder, but for the most part, everything works very nicely. The spectrum is well filled in and the mix sounds very cohesive.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476553
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
This is seriously badass.

It's got a lot of grindcore elements to it that I really dig. It has a cool groove with some off-tempo and off-key riffs that sound really awesome. It almost has a drone feel at some parts (but in a good way). Vocals fit it very well and I like that the spoken parts in it aren't done in the normal "hardcore" way. They're added as an artistic element, and not as a focus to the song, which I think is the right way to go about doing it in something like this. The voice augments were cool on it as well, make it sound really eerie and dark.

Production-wise, it sounds great. One of the best I've heard on UG, definitely. At some parts, I would've liked the cymbals to be a bit louder, but for the most part, everything works very nicely. The spectrum is well filled in and the mix sounds very cohesive.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476553

This really goes to show how much of an in depth listen you gave the song. We really thank you for that. At a first listen, it's difficult to catch all the interesting production aspects of a song (and that goes for any song), so we appreciate it very much when our audience goes through our music thoroughly enough to catch everything the song has to offer. I apologize for the run on sentence. In summation, you've provided a very good response. Feel free to check out our other stuff if you wish!

Also, do you mind if we quote you on our Facebook page?

Keep thinking deeply.
Last edited by EAbomination at Sep 8, 2011,
Did you notice a high pitch noise at about 0:52?
Anyways the production is NICE! The guitars are thick and the vocals stand out. Also the screaming duet at 0:27 is awesome
Quote by EAbomination
This really goes to show how much of an in depth listen you gave the song. We really thank you for that. At a first listen, it's difficult to catch all the interesting production aspects of a song (and that goes for any song), so we appreciate it very much when our audience goes through our music thoroughly enough to catch everything the song has to offer. I apologize for the run on sentence. In summation, you've provided a very good response. Feel free to check out our other stuff if you wish!

Also, do you mind if we quote you on our Facebook page?

Keep thinking deeply.

Definitely man, go for it. If it helps any, you can put my "credentials" under the quote:

"-Derek
Audio Engineer, Eclipse Productions & Censored Media Productions"

P.S. I just "liked" your page
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by sexybacon
Did you notice a high pitch noise at about 0:52?
Anyways the production is NICE! The guitars are thick and the vocals stand out. Also the screaming duet at 0:27 is awesome

Hell yeah we noticed it! We mainly just wanted to draw attention to the kicks that immediately follow that sound. They're the fastest in the track up until that point, and the lyrics over top needed to be taken notice of as well. So, naturally we threw in a "bass boom" (typical tactic for impact in the heavy genre). But on top of that... You know that high frequency you hear after a grenade or bomb goes off in a movie? The sound that emulates how your ears would ring after such a sharp and loud noise? That's what we tried to achieve at 0:52. We have since toyed with the idea of scooping all the lows out of the mix for a moment as it hits, you know, to really make the listener feel like they've lost their hearing from the volume... But by doing that you would lose the fast kicks in the mix that follow. We might play around with it. Not everyone will understand what we were going for there. More than anything it grabs attention one way or another, which I suppose isn't a bad thing.

As for the guitars we are using Guitar Rig, and on this particular track we were using a Schecter Hellraiser C-7. I (Bran) have since updated to a Schecter Hellrasier C-8, which seems to be working much better for us. The "screaming duet" (nice term) is my personal favorite part. I'm glad you enjoyed; that makes me happy.

Thanks for taking the time to listen. Your feedback was solid. Have a fantastic day.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Definitely man, go for it. If it helps any, you can put my "credentials" under the quote:

"-Derek
Audio Engineer, Eclipse Productions & Censored Media Productions"

P.S. I just "liked" your page

Thanks a ton Derek, you're awesome. I will most certainly post it on our page shortly. Now that you're a fan, you'll be notified! Haha. Thanks for the "like". Keep doin' your thing.

You have a lot of good things to say. Perhaps when we have newly mastered our first EP you could summarize it as a whole? We'll keep in touch, and when the time comes you can let us know what you'd like to do!

Thanks again!
i downloaded the track from your website, it has like 8 plays on my itunes, which is more than most than what lamb of god's sacrament managed to get from me. nice stuff, man, it really is my kinda thing. you guys will get big with the next EP you bring out.

i love the chorus too, the 'see, want, ****, move on' or something in the background with the less focal vocals going on. tbh, the mixing is better than most bands (marginally better than that of animals as leaders) and the tone is phenomenal for a simulation.

still lovin' it, will definitely buy your EP when it's up for sale/will download it if it's a free release and i'll spread your band around.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Thanks so much! It's really great to hear that you enjoy what we're creating and how we've chosen to present it. Showing the music to friends is definatley something that we greatly appreciate. So thank you for taking the interest in helping to promote something that we truly believe in. We'll be sure to keep you updated on when we release new music. We're planning on putting out 3 EP's within the next 7 - 8 months. You can stay updated with everything by checking out our Facebook page as well. But thanks again. Your feedback means more than you know.