so a mesa boogie mark III short head is for sale . the owner say its the first version 1985 ( so its probably no stripes or black stripe ) has no EQ and not simul-class .

- Are they as good as the further version ( purple , red etc.. stripes ) .

- reliability ?? since they're the first of the model , do they have known "problems" that were fixed later ?

- are they worth less than the simul class / EQ version ? how much should i pay for this head .

- Weight of the short head ?

so if theres any owner of that model . would be great to have review .

thx
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
My 2011 Price Guide shows the Mark III being made from 1985 to 1999. If it's in excellent condition, you could expect to pay anywhere from $675 to $850 for it. The newer models with the graphic EQ are actually worth more - anywhere from $800 to $1000. Your model was made from 1985 to 1990.

Prices and info from The Official Vintage Guitar Magazine Price Guide 2011.
I dont think its a matter of if its as good as others, as its a matter of what one you prefer. The different strips were different versions and some had a little more gain, and slightly different tone, and features. I used to know more about this, but dont remember any specifics. Think the red strip was the most popular one, but im not sure.
Sorry im not more help.