Hey guys hoping someone can help me out here

I have a Marshal JVM 410h and an Orange 4x12 cab
At the moment I'm playing a hand made custom Les Paul with EMGs
butttt waiting on getting a Traditional Gibson LP
anyway I'm loving the sound I'm currently getting buttt I want to get an Orange Rockerverb head.

I want to know how I would go about running both these heads through the same cab. Not at the same time (although would like to play around with that) but something where I can play one head for a song then switch to the other for the next one.

I've heard you can switch the cab into stereo mode and have 1 head control 2 speakers and the other head control the other 2 but how do I put my cab into stereo mode?
Do I need to do some re-wiring or something?
Also I would much prefer have each head use all 4 speakers unless I'm playing both heads at the same time obviously haha

Cheers for any help!

p.s if any of you like punk rock check my band out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KlPM4QAU-Y
or www.facebook.com/10past6
Same cab...hmmm... some kind of Y type of switch...there are footswitched for switching between amps like...2 amps, each with it's own cab. But if you can hook two heads into one cab....I think the Y type of switch would work for ya. Why not.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/morley_aby.htm

something like that. I think it's the thing I was telling u about.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Last edited by Kozlic at Sep 4, 2011,
Yeah I know I gotta get a switch to change between heads was more wondering how I would actually make 2 heads through 1 cab work. Cheers though man!

Whilst talking about these switches do you know if they work with all valve amps?
You'll need a load for each head regardless so unless you buy a load box the easiest thing to do is wire the cab so you 2 mono halves. Lots of cabs have a stereo option. Instead of being stereo you would have 2 speakers wired in parallel with it's own jack interface. I am assuming for a minute that these are 16 ohm speakers in the cab. You need to verify that. 2- 16 ohm speakers = 8 ohms total. Set each amp head to 8 ohms
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You'll need a load for each head regardless so unless you buy a load box the easiest thing to do is wire the cab so you 2 mono halves. Lots of cabs have a stereo option. Instead of being stereo you would have 2 speakers wired in parallel with it's own jack interface. I am assuming for a minute that these are 16 ohm speakers in the cab. You need to verify that. 2- 16 ohm speakers = 8 ohms total. Set each amp head to 8 ohms

This is true
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks mate! I knew there was problems with having a load on each head.
and yes the cab is 16ohm speakers.

Is the wiring just as easy as grabbing the soldering iron out and switching a couple wires around? or should I take it to a professional?
You should definitely be able to handle it yourself. If I had more time I could dive into it a bit further but I'm taking off. Does your cab have a stereo/mono option now or is it strictly mono? But yeah, you'll want to wire each of the two sets of speakers in parallel (vs series) and then get two seperate insert jacks. The only other concern really is to make sure you are matched up for watts. Assuming these are Vintage 30s (for example) then you'll have 120 watts for each head (60 + 2) which would be fine.
theres a footswitch made for that exact purpose. the radial engineering tonebone i believe is the name.

if you go the stereo cab route, wiring should be super easy. you may not even need a soldering iron if the wires have those little clips at the end. altho you might need more wire depending on how the cab is currently wired.