Page 1 of 2
What's your opinion on this? Basically rules and guidelines for picking up girls, which work almost all the time, and are all outlined in a book called "The Game", by Neil Strauss.

Here's a forum:
http://www.pick-up-artist-forum.com/

And here's a television show about this stuff:
http://www.watchthisfree.com/tv-shows/2007/the-pickup-artist/watch/

MY friend showed me this a few weeks ago, and actually tried it out himself. Now he has a girlfriend, and apparently another girl wants to have sex with him, which got me curious.

So what do you think?
I think that if you have to resort to a TV show or book to learn how to talk to women and get them interested in you, you are living a shallow, hollow life and are a very uninteresting person to begin with.
From what I remember from that show, the host implied that he used it to get sex from any random girl while all the contestants looked like they only wanted to use it to get one girl.

I could be wrong though.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by CoreysMonster
I think that if you have to resort to a TV show or book to learn how to talk to women and get them interested in you, you are living a shallow, hollow life and are a very uninteresting person to begin with.

Social skills are not things one is born with, but must learn.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by rock.freak667
From what I remember from that show, the host implied that he used it to get sex from any random girl while all the contestants looked like they only wanted to use it to get one girl.

I could be wrong though.
Sounds about right. I watched a season of that show...I felt pretty bad for some of those guys on there.
I think it gets quite macho and the business is pretty money-grabbing, but they do teach useful things. They're not tricks or anything, just... social skills I guess

Quote by CoreysMonster

God forbid there should be people without perfect skills in every field.

Quote by The Madcap
Sounds about right. I watched a season of that show...I felt pretty bad for some of those guys on there.

I watched a few episodes, some of those guys... I felt bad for them as well.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CrunchyRoll

Easier learned in practice and from people you have full interaction with as opposed to text-based, but yeah.

Quote by CoreysMonster

You must look down on a lot of people that have posted in the Relationship Thread.
Quote by CrunchyRoll

social skills are usually learned by trial and error, and are connected with self-reflection and understanding of emotions of both ones' self and other people's.
Quote by blake1221
Easier learned in practice and from people you have full interaction with as opposed to text-based, but yeah.

Of course, but you don't go into Research without reading the textbook first. It's nice to have an idea of what to do.

Quote by CoreysMonster
social skills are usually learned by trial and error, and are connected with self-reflection and understanding of emotions of both ones' self and other people's.

It's a pretty bold statement to say those who read any self-help books live shallow lives I can tell why your a Mod now (or something similar to a mod).
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by Kensai
God forbid there should be people without perfect skills in every field.

Wait... aren't PUA those guys who tell you to do things like subtley play to women's insecurities to get them to sleep with you?

Quote by CrunchyRoll
It's a pretty bold statement to say those who read any self-help books live shallow lives I can tell why your a Mod now (or something similar to a mod).

That's not what I said, I thought we were talking about these guys like this dude

Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 4, 2011,
It should be titled "How To Bag Ass." If it's your goal to be a scumball and just get in the sack with a bunch of questionable women, whatever floats your boat and go for it.

But that kind of crap is useless for a real relationship, and if someone has to constantly tell you how to interact with other people, you're not going to find anything anyway.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by CoreysMonster
Wait... aren't PUA those guys who tell you to do things like subtley play to women's insecurities to get them to sleep with you?

Pretty much. There are "negs" where men try to lower women's self esteem. It's really quite pathetic. I agree with everything you've said so far in this thread.
Quote by strat0blaster
It should be titled "How To Bag Ass." If it's your goal to be a scumball and just get in the sack with a bunch of questionable women, whatever floats your boat and go for it.

But that kind of crap is useless for a real relationship, and if someone has to constantly tell you how to interact with other people, you're not going to find anything anyway.

How you choose to use those skills is up to the user. You can attempt to sleep with as many women as possible, or you can try to find a meaningful relationship.

And it is not useless in a relationship because, if you read the book, it talks about power in relationships and how to have successful ones.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Pretty much. There are "negs" where men try to lower women's self esteem. It's really quite pathetic. I agree with everything you've said so far in this thread.

Big fuking surprise.
Quote by Kensai

I watched a few episodes, some of those guys... I felt bad for them as well.

Especially since they were eliminated for not successfully "picking up" a random girl on a given night.

Quote by CoreysMonster

That's what I gathered from the show.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by CoreysMonster

Some probably do.
Quote by metaldud536
Is there a female version of PUA's?

Nah, any woman can pick up men since we're so easy.

Quote by rock.freak667
Especially since they were eliminated for not successfully "picking up" a random girl on a given night.

Yeah, that can't be good for their self-esteem.
I thought this thread was going to be about artwork on pickup covers or something like that.

I am disappoint.
pinga
Quote by Kensai
Some probably do.

Well then **** those guys.

If there are books that give REAL advice like "be confident" and stuff like that, then that's different. But from what I gather, that's not PUA, that's just normal relationship advice
I don't know, I'm not trying to sound feminist here but being given a set of instructions to play a game of picking up women makes women seem like objects. It's not that I'm against it but you don't hear about this stuff from the other gender (female artists).

Yes we can say it's easier for women to pick up men but they don't do that very often :/
Quote by metaldud536
I don't know, I'm not trying to sound feminist here but being given a set of instructions to play a game of picking up women makes women seem like objects. It's not that I'm against it but you don't hear about this stuff from the other gender (female artists).

Yes we can say it's easier for women to pick up men but they don't do that very often :/

wat
My dad used to have a Toyota "Tundra" but we stopped using it because it ate fuel like galactus.

edit: My uncle drives a f-150 and to tell the truth I thinks it's a bit smoother but I still like the Tundra more.

edit2: thread about being gay and virgin again. my bad
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Last edited by Grimriffer at Sep 4, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster
Well then **** those guys.

If there are books that give REAL advice like "be confident" and stuff like that, then that's different. But from what I gather, that's not PUA, that's just normal relationship advice

It's pretty much what you hear in the relationship thread. Just sometimes it's very system-based and doing those "play on a girl low self-confidence" stuff that make the teachers and readers of the stuff seem... weasley.

Quote by metaldud536

Well, they should've thought of that before becoming women.

Women play games, too, and have their systems. More so than men I'd argue.
Quote by Kensai
It's pretty much what you hear in the relationship thread. Just sometimes it's very system-based and doing those "play on a girl low self-confidence" stuff that make the teachers and readers of the stuff seem... weasley.

exactly

Women play games, too, and have their systems. More so than men I'd argue.

this is also true.

Kensai knows his shit.
There should be something like this for women, like the art of rejecting pick-up artists.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
It's easy to pick up girls.

Prostitutes.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by zincabopataurio
What's your opinion on this? Basically rules and guidelines for picking up girls, which work almost all the time, and are all outlined in a book called "The Game", by Neil Strauss.

Here's a forum:
http://www.pick-up-artist-forum.com/

Serious thread in that forum: "how do i get an asian"

Includes such responses as [paraphrasing] "Trust me, I've kissed 30-40 and fucked 10 of them, you have to be an alpha and make it a point to be a jerk and blow them off"

Don't worry, guys, there's nothing bad about this shit at all.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

This sounds so lame. I'm currently not single but when I was and was out on the pull I just danced and that got the girls attention, worked every weekend
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Quote by SteveHouse

Includes such responses as [paraphrasing] "Trust me, I've kissed 30-40 and fucked 10 of them, you have to be an alpha and make it a point to be a jerk and blow them off"

comparing this to the dudes in the Relationship Thread is a serious insult to the guys in the RT.
Quote by SteveHouse

People can take good things and turn them bad, doesn't mean the ideas themselves are bad.

It just takes social interactions and attempts to turn them into a science which can be mastered. Nothing wrong with that.
Quote by CoreysMonster
exactly

this is also true.

Kensai knows his shit.

Women are my business, and business is good

Quote by SteveHouse

In all fairness, it is an american forum.
Quote by Kensai
Women are my business, and business is good

I hear in business, there be lies.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by CrunchyRoll
People can take good things and turn them bad, doesn't mean the ideas themselves are bad.

It just takes social interactions and attempts to turn them into a science which can be mastered. Nothing wrong with that.

No. It takes social interactions and turns them into conquests.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

this bullshit only works because said loser will keep on trying and trying and trying again using the fail methods described above. It's the same method you learn how to skateboard minus the embarrassment and false knowledge.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Kinda weirds me out.

If I don't pick up a girl with my social awkwardness and being a nice guy then she doesn't deserve me.

...right?

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by SteveHouse
No. It takes social interactions and turns them into conquests.

I'm not sure exactly what you're implying. If I understand correctly, you're saying it takes out the personal-ness of interacting with other humans and only see them as a means to an end -- sex.

Yes, the main goal of the book is teaching the reader how to pick up women and ultimately get laid, but I don't think it's as dehumanizing as some are making it out to be. The use of technical jargon makes it seem that way and it's tailored to a male audience, but I think it is useful information for many struggling to find love/sex or just to stop social anxiety to live a comfortable life.
Last edited by CrunchyRoll at Sep 4, 2011,
Page 1 of 2