I was wondering if anyone had tried using a modeling amp as a cab for a tube head. I have fender mustang III and while it does great cleans, the distortion is way to dry and I was thinking of grabbing a blackstar, but I would want to do it on the cheap and I still need volume.
Last edited by jjbarnes at Sep 4, 2011,
sell the fender, grab a blackstar if thats wat u want and grab a 2x12 or 1x12 that would fit the head, odds are that the speakers in the fender wouldnt do any justice for the blackstar and would prolly still sound bad.

to answer your question tho, you would probably have to re wire the speakers and add a speaker in jack, i dont think you could use the regular input of the amp because it would be running it through a whole other pre amp and poweramp and would possibly ruin the fender and possibly the blackstar

btw, What blackstar are you looking at getting
Last edited by ampoverload at Sep 4, 2011,
I'm not entirely sure. I want something with decent clean headroom and could play out, probably micd. More than likely a ht-20 or ht-40.
Quote by jjbarnes
I'm not entirely sure. I want something with decent clean headroom and could play out, probably micd. More than likely a ht-20 or ht-40.

so your looking at using the speaker in the blackstar amp and then adding an extension speaker(s)? Cause the ht-20 and ht-40 are combo amps i thought.
If I were to run it into the fender, then I would pick up a head, but if that would suck then I would definitely grab a combo. I prefer combos anyway.
Quote by jjbarnes
If I were to run it into the fender, then I would pick up a head, but if that would suck then I would definitely grab a combo. I prefer combos anyway.

Ok i see what you're sayin.
Quote by jjbarnes

Not sure about the cab situation but I'm running my HT-20 through a WEM cab and the Blackstar can achieve all sorts of great tones.