So I've been in a school for about a year now, getting all the credits blah blah blah, I'm trying to become a guitar luthier. So my wife is also a guitarist but I play metal, she plays rock. The other day she bought a new guitar and I got her some EMG's as a present. No big deal right?

Here's where it gets awkward, disturbing, and downright creepy. We've been married for about 9 months, and the usual talk about having a kid is comes up every once in a while, we decided we didn't want any because that's 18 years we lose. So last night she's installing the pickups right? She usually just cuts the wires and rips the pickup out because we usually rewire our new guitars.

She asks me to hold a couple wires and suddenly out of nowhere, while snipping the wires says, "Haha hey Babe, it's like I'm giving this guitar a vasectomy."

I was so disturbed by this, I spent the remainder of the night cuddling my boys in the bathroom.

Anybody else have any interesting tales of a similar manner that disturbed you very much?
This is indeed a disturbing universe.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Your sig sums up The Pit's reaction.

Also, I don't.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by Greatdude49
So I've been in a school for about a year now, getting all the credits blah blah blah, I'm trying to become a guitar luthier. So my wife is also a guitarist but I play metal, she plays rock. The other day she bought a new guitar and I got her some EMG's as a present. No big deal right?

Here's where it gets awkward, disturbing, and downright creepy. We've been married for about 9 months, and the usual talk about having a kid is comes up every once in a while, we decided we didn't want any because that's 18 years we lose. So last night she's installing the pickups right? She usually just cuts the wires and rips the pickup out because we usually rewire our new guitars.

She asks me to hold a couple wires and suddenly out of nowhere, while snipping the wires says, "Haha hey Babe, it's like I'm giving this guitar a vasectomy."

I was so disturbed by this, I spent the remainder of the night cuddling my boys in the bathroom.

Anybody else have any interesting tales of a similar manner that disturbed you very much?

What...?
you and your wife are quite selfish. good luck with your marriage

I mean seriously dont want to have a kid because it will "waste 18 years of your life? thats ridiculous
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
Quote by Zeletros
What...?

You don't become a luthier by screwing around with guitars, if you want to be a certified luthier you have to take classes, kind of like college.
Quote by reggaebassman

I mean seriously dont want to have a kid because it will "waste 18 years of your life? thats ridiculous

[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I feel like she's trying to tell you something.

If she is she's either saying she's going to ruin the wiring in my guitar or ruin the wiring in my manhood!

Quote by reggaebassman

Recipe for divorce.
So your wife made a joke about a vasectomy, and you wrote a 1000+ word post about it?

Awesome
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by Greatdude49
You don't become a luthier by screwing around with guitars, if you want to be a certified luthier you have to take classes, kind of like college.

Such institutions have proper names I believe, calling it a "school" is quite disrespectful I reckon
Quote by wyldething
So your wife made a joke about a vasectomy, and you wrote a 1000+ word post about it?

Awesome

If a subject involves a mans (specifically my) nuts getting butchered, I believe it's worthy of 1000+ words.

Quote by Zeletros
Such institutions have proper names I believe, calling it a "school" is quite disrespectful I reckon

Well where I'm from, I believe I was branded a douchebag.

John Kovel, certified Luthier and douchebag, keeping your gear safe.
Last edited by Greatdude49 at Sep 4, 2011,
Quote by Greatdude49
If a subject involves a mans (specifically my) nuts getting butchered, I believe it's worthy of 1000+ words.

Yep, because a vasectomy is exactly that: butchering your nuts. That's not a terrible exaggeration at all.

If only it were as easy as snipping some internal tubing...
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by Weaponized
A vasectomy is not even a big deal. You should totally get one if you're not gonna have kids.

It is if your wife gives it to ya!

Quote by wyldething
Yep, because a vasectomy is exactly that: butchering your nuts. That's not a terrible exaggeration at all.

If only it were as easy as snipping some internal tubing...

I was obviously exaggerating, I just enjoy making people laugh.
What would you do...

...if your wife...

...was reading this...

R I G H T
N O W

?

HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
What would you do...

...if your wife...

...was reading this...

R I G H T
N O W

?

deletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedelete
^roflmao
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Greatdude49

I was obviously exaggerating, I just enjoy making people laugh.

Real shame you aren't funny then.
Quote by Greatdude49

the best guitar luthier in my town (~50,000, plus we get alot from a much larger ~300,000 town) got to be as good as he by just screwing around with guitars...When he says something..its gospel...

point being, you don't need schooling for guitar work.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by L2112Lif
What if...

... I...

... Was...

... Your WIFE?!

I would tell you to make me a sandwich

and I don't have a wife FYI
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

^That make a lot more sense
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Drop the npick i side an acoustic guitar, take it out with a coathanger whilst saying babe it's like I'm performing an abortion on the guitar"..

Stupid abortion jokes..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Controlpanel
point being, you don't need schooling for guitar work.

Naw, but it sure looks good on your resume. A luthier with some "schooling experience" will look much better than someone saying they've been repairing and crafting for 15 years, unless of course in your case, the luthier is very well known.

Not to mention you could get a higher pay.

Quote by L2112Lif
Not YOUR wife...

... HIS wife!

BITCH MAKE ME A SAMMICH.