Hey guys,

Two musicians I know are interested in starting a band that will play small live sets and house parties.

Genres: Rock, Blues, Pop, Funk, Soul R&B.

We enjoy stuff like; John Mayer Trio, James Brown, Jack Johnson, Steely Dan, Boz Scaggs, Jackson 5, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, The Band and Cream. (Reggae is also big with us, Marley and newer Dub stuff).

All three of us are competent musicians (Drum, guitar & Bass) and are having trouble finding great songs MADE FOR A TRIO.

If we're going to play the song, we want to play it exactly the way it was made to be played.

Please give me a song list for a rock trio!

thanks,

-Josh
Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix and Violent Femmes all have 3 member so pick any songs from those but how many songs are ya lookin for?
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Quote by roshjosh

If we're going to play the song, we want to play it exactly the way it was made to be played.

Dont let that restrict you, the best covers are the ones that the artist made their own. it keeps it more interesting than feeling like youre hearing a bad recording of the same song thats on the radio.

on subject, maybe try some chili peppers since youre into funk and rock. always gets people dancing (if you pick from their good stuff)
plmokn12 wrote:
Yes! You deserve a high five in the spirit of Jim Henson.

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
Quote by bmxsulli
Dont let that restrict you, the best covers are the ones that the artist made their own. it keeps it more interesting than feeling like youre hearing a bad recording of the same song thats on the radio.

on subject, maybe try some chili peppers since youre into funk and rock. always gets people dancing (if you pick from their good stuff)

If done correctly then yeah making your own "version" of the song can work great. i.e. Jimi Hendrix's all along the watchtower.