Ok singer, nothing special
43 44%
Awful
2 2%
X-factor is for gays lolol. Where is t3h Br00t4lz
42 43%
Voters: 98.
Page 1 of 2
Don't know if anyone watched the UK X Factor but what did everyone think of this girls audition? She made people in the audience and made the judges cry, people all over facebook were commenting how great this was and how it made them cry. I really didn't it was that great tbh.

What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbeaod9CPRU&feature=related
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Last edited by ....Satan at Sep 4, 2011,
Plenty of people can sing. I couldn't give a shit how good you are if you can't write your own stuff.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by genghisgandhi
The UK has an X-Factor now?

And I can't understand one thing she said in the beginning.

Yeah we've only had it for the past 8 years though...
Of all the things I've listened to, and then forgot about forever ten minutes later, this is probably one of them.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Well, you gotta give her credit for singing just as good as Adele, without all the processing.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
She can sing. Give her a record deal, help her write an album, put her at number one, sell a few hundred thousand units, make millions of pounds off sponsorship and advertisement. She'll have nine months of fame before the next competition starts and a brand new bunch of underdogs fight it out for the same prize. Jade will be doing the 'down and out' circuits, turning on town Christmas lights and playing at shitty student unions. Rinse and repeat. Hey presto, modern pop music.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Last edited by Sir Daniel at Sep 4, 2011,
Quote by isabiggles
Plenty of people can sing. I couldn't give a shit how good you are if you can't write your own stuff.

+1
This is true... there are thousands of people who can sing just like the very best.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Can I get some goddamn subtitles please?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
I see the pit is full of cool dudes.

She is a great singer but not my cup of tea (but I'm not gonna be a dick about it).
Quote by GuitarViking
Well, you gotta give her credit for singing just as good as Adele, without all the processing.

Adele is offended.

But to be fair, her songs sound like this before mixing and such.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7ZLqh79BKU
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by Simsimius
+1
This is true... there are thousands of people who can sing just like the very best.

This is true as well.

Being a musician is more amazing and important than being a great performer.

edit:

Quite frankly, I didn't hear anything exceptional or amazing.

And why is everyone crying?
Last edited by Zeletros at Sep 4, 2011,
She's really meh tbh. No power in her voice.
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
She is the embodiment of xfactor really. Extreme, amateurish mediocrity, celebrated as the pinnacle of talent.
Thing is, they really blow it out of proportation because of her image. They want to sell this person as:

"Look at me, I'm ****ing ugly by societys standards but I have a great talent." Then they will make her over into a pop star and now its:

"Look at me, I'm now not ****ing ugly by societys standards and I have a great talent. You can all do this by selling your dreams away to shows such as these." And then you have something that people will watch as a underdog story.
Current Gear:

Schecter Synyster Custom: White/Gold
Ibanez AX125
Art and Lutherie Acoustic
Epiphone Thunderbird IV

Spider II 15w
Crate Bass Amp
VOX DA5

Boss MT-2
Quote by Våd Hamster
She is the embodiment of xfactor really. Extreme, amateurish mediocrity, celebrated as the pinnacle of talent.

Not always, I heard a few amazing vocalists on these kinds of shows, they didn't win though, so pretty much I agree.
They call me the devil's advocate.

How can you guys say that if you can't write a song then you're not a musician? You sell every classical musician short with this statement.

But yeah, she's not that good. Very pitchy, too pitchy to be professional.
I voted amazing, mainly because I think she's better than "okay" but there was no "good" option. Most of the people here completely slating her seem to be a little touchy that she's got more recognition than they have.
Quote by DashBlaster

How can you guys say that if you can't write a song then you're not a musician? You sell every classical musician short with this statement.

Because we usually classify people, by your logic, there's no difference between "guitarist/vocalist/bassist/etc" and "musician". Perhaps in common culture there is naught a difference.

But amongst the community of people like ourselves, we separate those to give more credit to people who are more than just performers.
Quote by Sir Daniel
She can sing. Give her a record deal, help her write an album, put her at number one, sell a few hundred thousand units, make millions of pounds off sponsorship and advertisement. She'll have nine months of fame before the next competition starts and a brand new bunch of underdogs fight it out for the same prize. Jade will be doing the 'down and out' circuits, turning on town Christmas lights and playing at shitty student unions. Rinse and repeat. Hey presto, modern pop music.
couldn't care less, she'd probably get number one in this musically retarded country

EDIT: Anyone in the world who entered x-factor and had a sob story, then sung someone like you is gonna make people cry!
its one of those songs that make peopel cry. if she sung a song that was all up-beat and stuff, she'd be terrible, same with adele though
Last edited by mikeyknowsbetter at Sep 4, 2011,
Quote by DashBlaster

Singing is something that has to sound like it has some depth to it to do anything for me, going on x factor eliminates any of that, it's as shallow as it can get in music, plenty of people can sing tunefully but it's boring if you're being as mediocre as hell. Singing a pretty melody might please the kinds of people who watch x factor though.

I'm sure Bob Dylan or Tom Waits or Nick Cave or Leonard Cohen or Neil Young or any of those people wouldn't have got very far on x factor either, show's what a pathetic programme it is.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Sep 4, 2011,
Of course she can sing; there's no doubting that. She's not the best ever, but she's not bad and can sing.

Reason for the tears and emotion? The song.

The song lends itself to that X-Factor smulschy, emotional crap. It's like when Adele sang it at the Brit Awards and people went all weepy as well. The song is perfect to provoke such a reaction.
People's reactions were more than a bit overblown and melodramatic, but the girl does have a great voice. A diamond in the rough, no doubt, but still something well worth working with. Put with the right music, I'd at least check out her album.
Quote by Sir Daniel

This. It's really kind of a shame for the lassie.

Also, I only made a comment agreeing with you cos I also wanted to say that your username makes me want to go play MediEvil.

Quote by homeless-john
This. It's really kind of a shame for the lassie.

Also, I only made a comment agreeing with you cos I also wanted to say that your username makes me want to go play MediEvil.

I agree. The fact that these semi-talented musicians are led to believe their abilities will render them legends of pop music is little more than an audacious lie.

Also, MediEvil was an amazing game, I had no idea the protagonist was called Sir Daniel!
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
The question was, how good of an audition was it. It was amazing.

UG really is narrow minded sometimes.

Flame Shield prepared.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by JonnyH
The question was, how good of an audition was it. It was amazing.

UG really is narrow minded sometimes.

Flame Shield prepared.

Subjectivity, brother. I don't think anyone can deny that she has a pleasant voice, but there was nothing groundbreaking about it and certainly nothing emotive enough to draw tears out of me. A negative opinion is not the same as narrow mindedness.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Quote by ....Satan
Don't know if anyone watched the UK X Factor but what did everyone think of this girls audition? She made people in the audience and made the judges cry, people all over facebook were commenting how great this was and how it made them cry. I really didn't it was that great tbh.

What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbeaod9CPRU&feature=related

In other words, the same fucking thing that happens every fucking year just happened again this fucking year?
Quote by Sir Daniel
Subjectivity, brother. I don't think anyone can deny that she has a pleasant voice, but there was nothing groundbreaking about it and certainly nothing emotive enough to draw tears out of me. A negative opinion is not the same as narrow mindedness.

Exactly you answered yourself.

It wasn't enough to draw tears out of you, but for a song of that caliber to be put across so emotively drew alot of tears from people.

If I put a chart music fan infront of say.... a big 4 show. Theyd be like, whats this?
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Page 1 of 2