Page 1 of 5
This is my first post in a few years...

I've been living in New Jersey, America for my entire 23 years of living. I'm so done with this country and the people im surrounded by. I traveled to Israel over the summer and it really opened my eyes as to what this world has to offer. I'm not sure why but i've always a;ways dreamed of going to Australia and New Zealand. So now to the point...

Anyone here live in Australia and/or New Zealand? What city/town? Whats it like? If you were to move there where would you go?

If it helps i'm social, i like the outdoors, love music, love food, love woman, love sports, love meeting interesting people.

I'm fed up with America... granted i live in Jersey which is slowly killing me... but its our government and overall stupidity of the general population that is driving me out.

Thanks guys!!!
On the Subject of Hitlers resemblance to Emos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muphin
No. Emos can't grow facial hair, not to mention their inability to invade Poland
Those 6 reasons are understandable but ambition, motivation, intelligence, and some luck would all play into getting out of here and establishing my self. Business is business i'm sure store owners wont be bitching about me being an American when I'm spending money on their products.
On the Subject of Hitlers resemblance to Emos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muphin
No. Emos can't grow facial hair, not to mention their inability to invade Poland
There are Austrailians on UG. They'll show up soon.

I've always thought about moving to Australia sometime in the future, but to be honest, I just can't be arsed because it seems too much of an effort if it ends up being a disappointment.

Have a look at Vienna though. And know that Australians keep family locked up in their basement for years.

trolololololol
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Sep 4, 2011,
Those aren't good reasons for moving. I'd like to leave the United States (preferably to the UK or Germany), but not because I think America sucks or anything, but because those places appeal to me more. I have thought about all of the things in the cracked article, and I still have plenty of time to think about it more. It's a huge decision, and "lol America sux" is not a good reason for leaving.

Edit: Another thing to think about: American culture is everywhere to some extent. It's nearly inescapable unless you want to live in North Korea or somewhere else that's isolated.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Sep 4, 2011,
I hate to break it to you TS, but Australians are just as, if not more stupid than Americans. Only real difference is that they have incredibly stupid sounding accents and more criminals. And to back up my claim, Mel Gibson and Zyzz are/were Australian.

The root of your problem is New Jersey.
Quote by StewieSwan
You love food and women? How unique.

Let's not forget that he also loves sports and music, lives in North America and is fed up with the system, and wants to go to Australia.

We may have found the most unique, interesting person on the planet here.
Have fun getting killed by either giant spiders or minuscule jellyfish.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
You guys are so negative.

Let's compile a list of pros and cons:

Cons:
  • Their immigration laws are really tough (for a country that huge and built by foreigners, wut?)
  • They're all descendants of convicts
  • Everything is poisonous
  • Their goverment sucks

Pros:
  • Their women are moderately attractive (although poisonous)
  • Nice variety of outdoor sports
  • You won't be freezing at any given time of the year
  • Adorable marsupials (only some poisonous!)
  • Cockatoos (whatever the hell that is, probably poisonous)

Ask yourself, is moving to australia really worth it?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Sep 4, 2011,
^ Alright, added
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Saint78
No. No one lives in Australia.

Came in here to post this. Australia is a wild country and no people live in it. get real.
Quote by Fat Lard
I hate to break it to you TS, but Australians are just as, if not more stupid than Americans. Only real difference is that they have incredibly stupid sounding accents and more criminals. And to back up my claim, Mel Gibson and Zyzz are/were Australian.

The root of your problem is New Jersey.

But who's Zyzz?

You guys are so negative.

Let's compile a list of pros and cons:

Cons:
  • Their immigration laws are really tough (for a country that huge and built by foreigners, wut?)
  • Their goverment sucks

Pros:
  • Their women are moderately attractive (although poisonous)
    You won't be freezing at any given time of the yearAdorable marsupials (only some poisonous!)
  • Cockatoos (whatever the hell that is, probably poisonous)

Ask yourself, is moving to australia really worth it?
This is accurate, except for the bold.
If your in queensland it's probably true. But the only thing queensland has got is the gold coast.
The south of Australia is pretty damn cold, granted not by North Europe standards, but still.
RIP Gooze

cats
Crocodile dundee balances out Mel Gibson. Also, we gave the world Rupert Murdoch. You're welcome.
Quote by jimmyled

When I read the parts about New Zealand, I wondered where the writer was getting their info from. The worst thing that could happened to you if you moved here is that people will ask you annoying questions about where you're from, and whether the movies depict your country accurately. And when I went to Australia for a week, the worst thing that happened was that people apologized for the weather, even though it was like 15 degrees at the lowest.

EDIT: Also, the guy above is right about American culture being everywhere. Most of our TV is American, we got Doritos recently, we have McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Coca-Cola, the same shitty pop music, Apple, etc. The only main difference is our accent.
Last edited by reidhasguitar at Sep 4, 2011,
+1 to the stuff about being allowed into the country. Our equivalent of what you would call rednecks pretty much hate anyone who wasn't born in their city, we're just getting over a serious drought apparently caused by overpopulation and the government's focusing pretty hard on keeping the economy afloat. So if you're unskilled I think you're pretty much screwed.
Quote by Saint78
No. No one lives in Australia.
'

then what country do I live in?
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Ah, Sydney, how I love thee so. The harbour is fantastic and New Years Eve won't be better anywhere else. A walk down the average CBD street will grant you with McDonalds, pollution, dirt, Burger King, iPods, Myer, traffic, traffic, traffic and traffic. Driving in Sydney? Forget about it, use the wonderful public transport system we have.

But, wait! Public transport here has to be amongst the worst in the world. Your train delayed by an hour? Consider yourself lucky! Sydney also has the luxury of being one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in. The beaches are great, especially if you like being squashed in with English tourists. Add in an incompetent government, as well as ever rising interest rates and house prices, too.

Come to Sydney, it's great. Really.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Diamond Dave
Come live in Adelaide man, its sick

*waits for ignorant eastern states people to say Adelaide is a hole*

QLD all the way
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by Diamond Dave

Saying Adelaide is a hole would be a compliment.

EDIT: You said it yourself, "sick" might be one of the words I would use to describe the place.

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Saying Adelaide is a hole would be a compliment.

EDIT: You said it yourself, "sick" might be one of the words I would use to describe the place.

coming from the guy who had such lovely words to say about Sydney

seriously, you lot don't have a ****ing clue. I'd love to see how Adelaide is portrayed over there, it literally must be like this west end ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYXUqoEqbY
I've been to Adelaide. I was joking about Sydney, and I was joking about Adelaide.

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Meh, I'd say stick with the eastern states. Adelaide is good, but it hasn't got a heaps to offer. Melbourne or Sydney or Brisbane are my top 3 in order of preference.
My girlfriend lives in Australia and i visit her whenever i can. It's amazing there, the people are actually really friendly (unless you're driving), there's so much to see and do especially at night. If you're in Sydney there's like 10 clubs on one street so you'll have no problem meeting people.

Also, you can walk around with open alcohol unless there's something telling you not too. And Trannies (whatever the plural of Tranny is) TRANNIES EVERYWHERE!

In all seriousness, i'm going to be moving there after i finish university in Canada and i'm excited as hell.

EDIT: The only problem is shit is really expensive in the city.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Diamond Dave

...but it is a hole.

And yea, I do live in Adelaide.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
ITT: Foreigners who don't know what they're missing in Australia.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
hey im from melbourne, australia. melbourne has recently become the most liveable city in the world. its pretty multi cultural, so theres good food, but most of all its got a good music scene. its also smaller than sydney, really safe and alot less humid. pretty comfortable climate. but if you're playing music, its really easy to get good gigs here.
Quote by hey_guys553
hey im from melbourne, australia. melbourne has recently become the most liveable city in the world. its pretty multi cultural, so theres good food, but most of all its got a good music scene. its also smaller than sydney, really safe and alot less humid. pretty comfortable climate. but if you're playing music, its really easy to get good gigs here.

as a fellow melbournian i can tell ya that sum of that is false lol, 1. yes it is pretty multi cultral, but its us real aussie people thats treated like crap, 2. safe? no, im lucky not to get stabbed from just walkin out my front door

Quote by Diamond Dave

adelaide is boring never realy here of anything goin on there

Quote by Kensai

Cons:
  • Their immigration laws are really tough (for a country that huge and built by foreigners, wut?) i wouldnt say tough, more and more people comin by boat everyday and nothin happens to em
  • Their goverment sucks yep, nothin but money hungry aholes that dont do shit for us

Pros:
  • Their women are moderately attractive (although poisonous) only poisnous when they choose to be lol but yes, attractive
  • You won't be freezing at any given time of the year apart from this, in winter atm and its 20 degrees C and sunny o.0, but u'll melt in summer, 40+ degree c heat
  • Adorable marsupials (only some poisonous!)
  • Cockatoos (whatever the hell that is, probably poisonous) large white bird, altough awesome, there bite hurts and screech VERY loudly

Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
Quote by gilly_90
...but it is a hole.

And yea, I do live in Adelaide.

sure some things could be bigger and better but you've gotta appreciate what we've got man. I'd love to know what you feel like we're missing out on...

Quote by MetalManForLife

this is also just wrong... for a start we get all the big festivals and touring artists just like all the other capital cities. The idea that Adelaide is inherently boring is retarded.
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Sep 4, 2011,
Quote by AgainstYou
+1 to the stuff about being allowed into the country. Our equivalent of what you would call rednecks pretty much hate anyone who wasn't born in their city, we're just getting over a serious drought apparently caused by overpopulation and the government's focusing pretty hard on keeping the economy afloat. So if you're unskilled I think you're pretty much screwed.

Where do you get your information from?

A drought caused by overpopulation

And Melbourne is obviously the best city...
As long as you don't go to the shifty suburbs you'll be fine
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by MetalManForLife
as a fellow melbournian i can tell ya that sum of that is false lol, 1. yes it is pretty multi cultral, but its us real aussie people thats treated like crap, 2. safe? no, im lucky not to get stabbed from just walkin out my front door

1. i really dont want to get started on the whole "what constitutes a real aussie" thing. if you're talking about aborigines, then yes, they're treated horribly.

2. what suburb do you live in? ive never been threatened/mugged in melbourne in my life.
australia man. learn to surf. hit the gold coast.
your whisper may sway the weak, but when i speak it roars the seas
Page 1 of 5