"We use EMG 707 and SeymourDuncan Blackouts... and no, this is not an Axe Fx, this is just Line6 Pod X3" from the comments on the video
its the djent man lol its actually a pretty sought after tone nowadays. a lot of the tone comes from picking style. amp settings are usually a bit lower gain than you would think and some trebley/middy fizz, is not necessarily an easy sound to dial in. just google djent tone and you'll get a lot of explanations
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Thick-as-fucking-shit strings, also pick hard as shit. That will give you that "DOUWMMM" sound that you hear whenever the lower strings are hit.
if you have a pod i think alot of them guys including misha use the big bottom amp model from the metal pack you can download. use mids, and less gain for a clearer tone. tight bottom pickups like dimarzio crunch lab or bare knuckle aftermath are probably the best

EDIT: to the guy above, actually thick strings prohibit that BOW sound. my 7 string has .10 - .70 on it and its hard to get that sound. it all comes with a little bit thinner strings actually. find a balance between the bow and sustain.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Sep 4, 2011,
Thanks for the help.
I figured out how to get a tone.
It's all about loose strings, the amp model, EQ is just the icing. (and my main amp setup is very close to the setup recommended for Djent)
On my baritone with 0.68 the lowest string it's impassible to get a Djent tone, but if i tune it down to F# than it really sound like that, but it feels like s**t due the loose strings.
Step one: make your guitar sound as bad as possible
step two: play
step three: ??????
step four: Profit!

But seriously: Digital sounding stuff works best.
Quote by Tyler Bro
Gauges or Diamond studs? I am getting one, which one?

Quote by Xiaoxi
Get a dildo. Says the same thing.