E 0 0 0 0
B 0 0 0 0
G 6 2 6 8
D 4 2 4 6
A 2 0 2 4
E

This is a chord progression that i created which was ment to be in the key of B minor. I arpegiate the chords and they sound phenominal but ive noticed once i play the fourth chord (c# something) the sequence doesnt seem to resolve on B any longer. Possibly due to D# accidental.

If anyone has a guitar nearby can you please play the sequence (arpegiated) slowly and tell me if the fourth chord really fits. I play them like this

E            0
B         0        X2 Then next chord etc
G      6
D   4
A 2
E

Can you also give me names of the chords.
Last edited by mrbabo91 at Sep 4, 2011,
Bsus4add9 Asus2 C#m9. The first 2 chords have no 3rd so they're ambiguos key wise.

Despite not beginning on the C#m chord, the progression resolves there. It's in the key of C# Minor.
Last edited by mdc at Sep 4, 2011,
Quote by mdc
Bsus4add9 Asus2 C#m9. The first 2 chords have no 3rd so they're ambiguos key wise.

Despite not beginning on the C#m chord, the progression resolves there. It's in the key of C# Minor.

The song starts with a B minor C#sus2 chord progression and its definately resolves on B minor. I then solo over the top in b minor. Would it be best to change the chord sequence or just change key to c# minor? iknow its personal preferance but what would you do?

How could a change the chords or progression to get it to resolve on b ?

ps. i know im thinking about it too much but im a perfectionist
Quote by mrbabo91
The song starts with a B minor C#sus2 chord progression and its definately resolves on B minor. I then solo over the top in b minor. Would it be best to change the chord sequence or just change key to c# minor? iknow its personal preferance but what would you do?

How could a change the chords or progression to get it to resolve on b ?

ps. i know im thinking about it too much but im a perfectionist

play an f#maj that chord resolves nicely to a bmaj.
play it without the sus in it tho to make it resolve.
hope i helped
good luck, bean