Hi guys.

Any one here ever suffered from video game addiction?

If so how did you beat it?

Its not me that really needs the help, I rarely play games any more.

Surprisingly its my mum. She added to playing Super Mario on the Wii. She plays it for over 8 hours a day at times, some times until the early hours of the morning, and it makes her really grouchy. She curses when she looses, or if you walk past the screen, and the games sound track is really really annoying.

I may have to hide it.

This seriously isn't a joke. Its just backwards day here.
Tell your mother to stop being a teenage boy.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Put your penis in her, that'll show her.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Tell her to stop adding to it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Ground her.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
What game is it?

Serious question, I mean if it's one of the galaxy ones she ought to have all the stars soon enough.
Hey, I've just recently gotten Super Mario Galaxy and been addicted to that! No joke! But like someone said, it's gonna get old after you get all the stars/do everything.
Giving people something more important and substantial to do will fix that in a hurry. For a long time I played WoW and Eve Online (still play Eve but not for hours or every day), and when I got into flight training and building a band I found better outlets for my time and energy. Things that give a real, tangible sense of accomplishment are how to get out of constant video games.
Quote by jkielq91
She curses when she looses

i always curse when i loose; archery is serious ****ing business.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
WoW and Ragnarok Online. I eventually just found better things to do. But RO was fucking heroin. I played it on and off for about 5-6 years because the competition was so much fun. It's dead now, thankfully.
i play video games alot they re so fun

but yeah if she has a better outlet for her time shell quit soon enough or just wait for her to do everything in the game and get bored
Part of an addiction is denial. It's okay to tell you're addicted to playing your Wii instead of your mom.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I dunno, I probably play videogames like 4 or 5 hours a day (in the summer), but I wouldn't say I'm addicted. It's just a hobby. 8 hours a day is unhealthy unless it's an occasional thing. I haven't played that much in one day for a couple of months.

Most people get pissed off at games, but there's nothing wrong with that if you calm yourself down or stop playing before you start breaking keyboards/controllers and screaming at the TV. If she's doing it every time she dies then she really needs to play it less often. I used to get really pissed off at FIFA when I was like 14/15, and I was playing it like all the time. When I started playing less often I was much calmer and enjoyed it more. Or maybe I just stopped being an adolescant turd, but whatever.

Some people can play challenging games for long periods of time, but some people have to limit themselves before they get frustrated. If I felt like playing a game all day, I could only do it uninterrupted if it was something not very stressful, like an RPG or a grand strategy game. With games where you die a lot I have to take a break every 2 or 3 hours, probably even more than that.

I don't know what to tell you, I've never really had a problem. I've always played a lot of videogames, but my social life and schoolwork have always come first. Just straight up fucking tell her she plays it too much and she needs to stop. Misplace the disc and see how she reacts, whether she freaks out, blames it on you, buys a new one, or whatever.
I don't know what qualifies a full blown addiction, but when I have downtime I usually play video games quite a lot.

But I don't neglect my social life cos of games. If I find something better to do then I'm out doing that, and I've never broken or even thrown a controller. I swear a lot playing them, but I swear a lot anyway so...

Maybe your mum just has nothing better to do?

EDIT:
Quote by jkielq91
I think it reminds her of her younger days.

Or that. Either way, just let her be. She'll come back to real world soon.
Last edited by homeless-john at Sep 4, 2011,
Serious answer incoming:
Keep your pimp hand strong.

Next time she's playing walk in front of the TV.
When she says something to you, smack her in the face really hard and go "What did you just say, BITCH?"
Quote by jkielq91
Hi guys.

Any one here ever suffered from video game addiction?

If so how did you beat it?

Its not me that really needs the help, I rarely play games any more.

Surprisingly its my mum. She added to playing Super Mario on the Wii. She plays it for over 8 hours a day at times, some times until the early hours of the morning, and it makes her really grouchy. She curses when she looses, or if you walk past the screen, and the games sound track is really really annoying.

I may have to hide it.

This seriously isn't a joke. Its just backwards day here.

with my right hand
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by institutions
Serious answer incoming:
Keep your pimp hand strong.

muthafu_ckin' sigged
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by ChamsRock
Buy her a PS3/360, that way she can be addicted to a decent system.

Please tell me you're not being serious..
tell her to make you a huge sandwich

that'll keep her busy for a couple of hours
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Obviously I have.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by notaspy2009
I used to be addicted to runescape. Guitar made me quit it lol.

I used to be addicted to that on and off for like 5 years...Don't get me wrong the game was fun, but it became so time consuming that I didn't even realize it.
i'm pretty addicted to star wars battlefront 2 online
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.