So, I've got my rig all set up, and it's more brutal than I thought it would be. I recorded this song to show off how good my new rig sounds, and the song itself might actually end up as a compete song if ya'll like it enough...

Rig: Trace Elliot RAH350SMX(700 watt hybrid SS bass amp) through a B-52 4x12(crap speakers), a Keeley All seeing eye modded DS-1, and a TS9 to tighten up the low end.

Mic is a SM-58, guitar is a 2006 Squier Affinity Strat with a Bareknuckle Painkiller in the bridge and Bareknuckle Trilogy Suites in the middle and neck.

It might sound a bit flabby, but I blame that on the speakers, it's hard to get a good mic position on them, cause they all sound flabby recorded, sounds much tighter in person though, but not much.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ethan_hanus/music/all/play1040947

Leave a link and I'll crit yours, if you need any mixing advice, I'm your guy.

I really dig this, dude. It's got a really atmospheric feel to it that I really like. The intro is really cool, I heard that first part and I knew the rest was going to be awesome

This needs some vocals over it, I think it could turn out to be really badass. For some reason, it reminds me of Tool, which to be completely honest, I'm not a huge fan of... but I like this!

Overall, the mix is pretty cool, I think the tone really suits the song, flabbiness and all. I don't like the drums at all though, the crash cymbals sound really fake, and the kick doesn't have enough low end for me, too much click for the sound you're going for IMO

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476553
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Pretty nice. Would work well with more ambience. Could be worked into a larger-scale piece, perhaps as a central section. Not sure whether I should be critting the sound or the composition though. My ears aren't up to the former at the moment - tinnitus.