I recently saw a build it yourself kit to make a Rickenbacker copy - all the kits I'd seen before were Teles, Strats, SGs or LPs. I wanted it - I've been thinking about doing a DIY kit for a while, and my guitar collection already includes all the other main styles.

I added it to my watch list, but it disappeared before I got paid & could afford it.

The auction didn't just end & the seller didn't finish it as these still show in your watch list as ended auctions, so I'm guessing eBay removed it for some breach of the T&Cs.

Now I can't find it again and I've trawled the internet looking for another but can't find one anywhere so thought I'd ask the good folks of UG.

Have you seen a build it yourself Rickenbacker kit, and do you know where I can get hold of one? I'm based in the UK, so ideally it would be a company that ships there, preferably within the EU so I avoid import tax etc.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
BYO guitar in the USA has had them on their site before.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks for the tip - they don't have this one listed at the moment, but I'll add it to the sites I'm watching to see if it returns to their stock.

Does anyone else have other ideas where to look?
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by LeviMan_2001
I'm pretty sure you don't see them because rickenbacker is super strict with their copywrite laws.

I definitely saw this one, but I know Rickenbacker are protective of their designs, you hardly ever see copies of them and I've only ever seen that one DIY kit - that's why I was so surprised to see it and decided straight away I wanted it. I'm also guessing that's why it got removed as it probably wasn't an official copy.

If that one is out there though, it's a fair bet that someone, somewhere is selling them....
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud