Poll: which would you reccomend?
Poll Options
View poll results: which would you reccomend?
bass big muff pi
12 57%
boss bass 7 band eq
5 24%
digitech bass synthwah
1 5%
digitech bass overdrive
1 5%
other? (up to 100$ us, and please specify)
2 10%
Voters: 21.
So I've got 100$ us to spend on a new pedal (my first actually) I narrowed down to these 4. An overdrive would be nice, because YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW TOUCHY MY AMP IS WITH IT'S ON DISTORTION (and it really is worthy of caps lock ) the eq I want because my piece of shXt amp only has a two band. And the synthwah just seems cool, from what I head on musicians friend audio clips. Also I promise my next new thread WILL NOT BE A NOOBISH QUESTION thanks for the input
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
I Love my bass big muff... but an E.Q. pedal does wonders for your tone, even with a terrible amp... hard choice man...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Bass Balls
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
get one that produces a sound you want to achieve.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by thegiaco2112
get the Sansamp Bass Driver DI or Tech 21 VT Bass they cost around 200 bucks

I only have 100 and by the time I have 200 ill have black, and purple hair, and a shit.sounding bass. In other words I change my mind a lot
Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by stevebomb
If you can hold out for another $50, I'd say get a Digitech BP80, it will do what all those stompboxes do and more.
Unless you're one of the anti-multi FX crowd
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Degitech BP-80
MXR El Grande Bass Fuzz
Boss Bass Chorus CEB-3
DOD FX91 OD
Traynor Dynabass 200
I've actually voted for the big muff but you should also consider the Hartke Bass Attack. It's cheap and sounds solid. It's just not recommended for recording
I have a Russian Big Muff (out of commission for right now) I did like it, right now it's weird most people slammed the russian on forums for not living up to the bass hype, but now that it's discontinued people are selling them for like $100+ here (I got mine for $40), It was a great pedal, but on bass it took tweaking in my opinion to keep it from sounding "synthy". My favorite pedal for distortion for now is either my bad monkey or danelectro FabTone.

As a first pedal I'll suggest a EQ pedal, because I think most people like myself get excited with money and buy the crazy things, without considering the over all picture. With a good EQ like the boss, you're always secure in your fundamental tone.

If you're lucky and craigslist, look for a used Boss EQ and a used bass driver or distortion and you're set.

Also GFS has a greatttttt tuner pedal for $39 just another suggestion
Quote by askrere
I have a Russian Big Muff (out of commission for right now) I did like it, right now it's weird most people slammed the russian on forums for not living up to the bass hype, but now that it's discontinued people are selling them for like $100+ here (I got mine for $40), It was a great pedal, but on bass it took tweaking in my opinion to keep it from sounding "synthy". My favorite pedal for distortion for now is either my bad monkey or danelectro FabTone.

As a first pedal I'll suggest a EQ pedal, because I think most people like myself get excited with money and buy the crazy things, without considering the over all picture. With a good EQ like the boss, you're always secure in your fundamental tone.

If you're lucky and craigslist, look for a used Boss EQ and a used bass driver or distortion and you're set.

Also GFS has a greatttttt tuner pedal for $39 just another suggestion

Thanks man. I think ill go with the 7 band eq. As you said, that would secure my fundamental tone. Whic I should do before I get into other things. Build the foundation before the house if you will. This helped a ton
Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by stevebomb