im wondering if im becoming depressed because i basically am tired of doing everything and now i seem to be constantly bored. It also seems that i am getting lonely since every night i go to my basement sit down play some guitar and then watch tv till the end of the night...i havent had much fun this summer and now i think i am becoming depressed...any insight?
Who's your daddy... well not me cuz ur momas ugly

These things are sex transport vehichles woot

This man just got a station wagon.
Get out of the house, even just for a walk, that helped me when I was going through a self-diagnosed-depression phase.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Yeah, that happens. My advice, just get over it and do something. Go somewhere, maybe meet someone, see a friend, listen to music, just try something new so long as it doesn't get you killed.
Hard to say. You're not allowed to ask for medical advice (except if there's something with your dick, then it's the right place) so we can't give you one. The only thing I would recommend is maybe talk with your parents how you feel and maybe you then want to go with them to a psychologist or a doctor.

Oh and there is a hugging thread, there are always kind and helpful people: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1186466
Throw yourself a 5minute pity party. Just sit in your own crappy life for 5-10minutes. and get over it. Life is too short to be complaining about. Go have some fun. Ask your brother or sister to go to the mall with you and meet some people. Or talk to some of your friends and ask if they wanna hang out. I was in the same situation as you not too long ago. Did nothing this summer, and decided to make some new friends with people much older and younger than me. Just gotta keep going.
I believe the state of depression is Utah.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Sounds like depression to me. Here are your options, which I suggest trying in order.

1) Use self-therapeutic techniques to get through it.
2) See a therapist.
3) See a psychiatrist.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Sounds like you're lazy to me.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
well im 16 im just sorta gettin bored with life and im not a drinker either...it seems like my friends just do the same things all the time and i live in a cycle...its not major depression more just what should i do

I've got the same kind of thing going on--heed these people's words. Oftentimes the best way to beat feeling down is to do things.

Just make some effort--even a small one--to be more active. Ride a bike, play some ball, maybe join a gym or something if you've got money. Anything that involves some exertion. And seeing people and doing things will remedy the loneliness and personal interaction feelings.
Quote by DukeDeRox
Obviously you got this.
Last edited by RaysGotThis at Sep 4, 2011,
Go outside and be around people (friends). Don't go and sit and mope in public. Do things with other people.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by gtosteve65
im wondering if im becoming depressed because i basically am tired of doing everything and now i seem to be constantly bored. It also seems that i am getting lonely since every night i go to my basement sit down play some guitar and then watch tv till the end of the night...i havent had much fun this summer and now i think i am becoming depressed...any insight?

It's possible. Although generally when you're depressed, you don't really enjoy doing anything at all, even stuff you love.
Quote by gtosteve65
well im 16 im just sorta gettin bored with life and im not a drinker either...it seems like my friends just do the same things all the time and i live in a cycle...its not major depression more just what should i do

Without trying to hurt your feelings, I laughed so hard when I read that.

Let me help you out -

Being bummed out because you're drifting apart from your old friends does not mean you're depressed, it means you're drifting apart from your old friends.

What should you do?

Make some new friends by doing something you like. Chances are you'll end up doing it around other people who also like doing it.

But also - don't you have parents to talk to?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Go do something different, jeez. Is it that hard to figure out? Just go round someones house and play video games or something. And no "but they're always out with other people". Go ring them, arrange and be more proactive.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
well im just bored i guess... i am extremely active but i think its just because i have been out of work for a while...im lookin foward to school (a bit) so its probably just because i havent done anything

Get out of the house and just walk or drive somewhere. Watch something really over-the-top hilarious. Work out. Play a sport. Do something a little out-of-the-ordinary. Talk to friends.

The summer is the worst time of the year for me, since most of my friends are out of town and I don't have a whole lot to do. You have to get involved in something. I started volunteering and it made me really look at things differently. I dunno if you're going through depression, but it definitely sounds like you need a change of pace in your life and something to do.
Quote by gtosteve65

^This pretty much describes my whole summer, my friends where mostly working, with other friends of theirs or with their girlfriends, this plus other medical reasons meant i got out once a week if lucky. I found that getting back to school has helped a lot, despite initially dreading getting back to the daily grind
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
so what are some things that you guys do when bored?...i want somthing new and cant thing of anything right now

Volunteer. It makes you feel good about yourself and you get good resume fodder for when you want a job later. Not to mention it can change your entire outlook on life.
well right now...its 8 at night on sunday