I'm 18, and i have absolutely NO upper body strength. I have great cardio, and can jog one hour nonstop. BUT i can barely do legit push ups. I can't pick up my own weight. I weigh 170, yet my max when benching is 130 (and that's probably gotten lower now) How can I build up some muscle slowly. I don't wanna be BUFF, just toned. Any tips?
There's a traning and excercise thread. Use that one.

You need to order more magic pills from the interwebz.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
inb4 fap
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
The Nutrition thread will be full of info but get on a training program because just going to the gym lifting random weights doesn't work. Also, get on a diet to get you where you need to be.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
If you want to tone up, find some dumbells that are comfortably heavy and easy to lift, and do lots of reps, and make sure to focus on each muscle individually (bicep, tricep, shoulder, forearms, etc). Thats just what I do, but I'm no expert.

Seriously, there is a fully active thread on this, use the searchbar.
use the official thread. and DON'T just do arm exercises, do fully body lifts, ie squats, deadlifts and train your back. the anabolic effect from lifting bigger weights all over the body will build your arms up more than just training your arms.
Quote by Bird32

I poke badgers with spoons
Do push-ups, pull-ups and curls. Start with something light (10, 20 pounds) and then move up as you become more comfortable. start out with 3 sets of 5, take a break, and then do 3 more sets - do that every other day. It will work your amps and some of your upper body, but not much else. If you have access to one of those all in one exercise gyms with the pulley systems you can use those too.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
keep picking up heavy things until you can pick up heavier things.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.