Hey guys,

I began perusing Ebay this summer when I was looking for a Strat to get. I ended up getting an MIJ for $499. Now that I got it I still like to keep an eye on things and see what other Strats similar to it are selling for. As I look through the lists I see a whole lot of Squiers. They're selling for around $500-$600!

Now, my first guitar was a Squier Bullet which I believe cost around $150. I always thought that Squier was a cheap beginner type guitars brand. Is this true? Or does Squier make upper end guitars? I just can't get over seeing a Squier with that kind of price tag.
I call BULL SHITE
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Squires do make instruments better then a bullet. Bullets are a waste of time.
A squier should never go for $500
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
the japanese made squiers from the early to mid 80s were considered to be almost as good or better than the US made ones of the time. when fender first started production in japan they shipped over much of the older equipment they had that was used to make earlier strats in the US. these have become rather collectable and sought after thus the hig price. not to be confused with a starter pack guitar.
Quote by JwL456
Hey guys,

I began perusing Ebay this summer when I was looking for a Strat to get. I ended up getting an MIJ for $499. Now that I got it I still like to keep an eye on things and see what other Strats similar to it are selling for. As I look through the lists I see a whole lot of Squiers. They're selling for around $500-$600!

Now, my first guitar was a Squier Bullet which I believe cost around $150. I always thought that Squier was a cheap beginner type guitars brand. Is this true? Or does Squier make upper end guitars? I just can't get over seeing a Squier with that kind of price tag.

Are we talking Squier by Fender or the original Squire guitar company Fender bought out? Those are rather rare and expensive, and made in the USA.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Are we talking Squier by Fender or the original Squire guitar company Fender bought out? Those are rather rare and expensive, and made in the USA.

Well, they should be rather rare, considering that they don't exist.

The original "Squier" company made strings, and never made any guitars.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by Robbgnarly

he's talking about a made in japan (MIJ) fender squier. the original Squier company made violins and later made strings for various instruments. they didn't make electric guitars.
Quote by kangaxxter
Well, they should be rather rare, considering that they don't exist.

The original "Squier" company made strings, and never made any guitars.

Guess I didn't recall the artical correctly. I read about the buy out in th 90's in a book about guitars.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Guess I didn't recall the artical correctly. I read about the buy out in th 90's in a book about guitars.

Fender aquired the name in the 60s and decided to use if for their japanese venture in the early 80s.
Quote by JwL456
Hey guys,

Many people make same mistakes by simply buying an expensively overpriced guitar and trashing it later. As for me, if I were you, I'd just try to maintain the guitar for as long as possible, assuming that you have a warranty service for the setups, and try to make the best sound out of the guitar. It doesn't matter what instrument brand you use; it matters on how you use it, how durable the guitar is, and how good you make the guitar sound.