So, what is your favorite cheap pedal? (meaning under $100) It doesnt matter what it is
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
This may seem odd, but I really like the sound of the Boss Super Overdrive (40 bucks), pushed by a compressor. With some delay and dampened tone knobs it automatically yields a kind of Eric Johnson-esc lead sound. It is warm and smooth for such a cheap pedal. I was surprised.
Last edited by Brainpolice2 at Sep 4, 2011,
I bought a Berringer Bass overdrive pedal new for $20.I like better than any other bass overdrive I've used. I know being Berringer I thought at least I only paid $20,but it's held up to 3 years of playing live.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
Behringer's VD-1 is the ultimate Budget Big Muff!

It's miles better than an unmodded DS-1.
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Danelectro Cool cat Drive or Transparent OD [V1's only]
Followed by a bad monkey
Danelectro French Toast ain't bad either.
RIP Gooze

cats
GFS Greenie OD pedal it was $50 new and is a great 3 mode TS clone.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My Way Huge Green Rhino OD pedal (which I got today). It's basically a tube screamer with a bass and treble booster to make up for the loss in bass that the TS-9 brings.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
The dano transparent drive and the cool cat drive both v.1 only though. The bad monkey.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Ts9.....
Ibanez tubescreamer ts-7 . most horrible looking pedal ever ( well not that bad comparing to Dan electro ) .. but its a lot cheaper than the tuberscreamer AND it has a second mode (HOT) that add gain and give a nice high gain overdrive . The high gain of the second mode is smooth .. its not "distortion" but more a lot of overdrive . doesnt sound at all like a Crunch box or disoriton pedal .

i sold this pedal cause it was so horrible .. didnt fit in a boutique pedalbaord but IMO .. its was a nice pedal .

they sell for like 35 / 40 $ $ and truly does a great job .

now that im rethinking my set up i might just buy another . i saw one on sell for 40 .

** this pedal is the best i heard for punk rock . Tubescreamer are usually use to "boost" an amp , but the HOT mode of this one make it very useful by its own ( into the clean channel of an amp ) to play punk rock , pop /punk . the overdrive give plenty of gian but smooth gain .

for 40 $ .. great pedal .

and i only tested it with a crappy solid state amp 10 watt in a bedroom . .. i cant imagine how great it must be into a nice tube amp
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Sep 5, 2011,
Quote by Joe-Floyd-lover
Behringer's VD-1 is the ultimate Budget Big Muff!

It's miles better than an unmodded DS-1.

I must try that. Is it a tone sucker?

My favorite goes to FAB Overdrive - warm sound, similar to my bugera's gain channel, but lot noisier and "fsssssssss-ing" and coloring..
Second - Behringer TU-300
I like my MXR Vintage '75 Phase 45.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
The mxr dyna comp, phaze 90, danelectro, fab flange,(its actually a decent cheap flanger if you don't got a crap ton of money to burn on a not so commonly used effect this is an excelllent choice) elecectro harmonix lpb-1. And the bbe two timer and danelectro pb&j. Awesome feaken pedal
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
The Ibanez "soundtank" pedals. I got my phaser for about $20 a few years ago, but they have 5 or so of them at the Guitar Center down town for $10 each.
Easy, Ibanez TS-7. Probably the best $25 I've ever spent on anything gear related.

The Boss HM-2 is also an awesome pedal. I got mine for $35, I think.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i would say boss stuff but thats too generic.

to throw out some unique choices, GFS tuner pedal and a guyatone compressor.

GFS does what its supposed to, not much else to say. Guyatone is a weird duck, but it holds up well and has quality internals. sounds good.

along with boss, im going to go ahead and say guyatone is on my personal list of best pedals made for 100 or less.
Bass big muff.

I originally bought it for my bass but it has wormed its way onto my guitar pedal board.

I love it. It's probably the best $80 i've spent.
Orange Rockerverb 100MKII
Orange PPC412C
Fender Telecaster: Hotrails, Air Norton, Area '58
Bass big muff
Russian big muff
Boss OC-3
Boss DD-3