The other day I was watching a Paul Gilbert video, and I realized he held the pick at an angle, almost as f he was trying to cut through the string with the tip of his pick.

I've since been doing this and my picking technique from all aspects of my playing has improved drastically.

I don't know if this is Alt pick 101, but I've been playing for a good 5 years now and have not heard anything about it. Better late than never I guess!
Cool blog bro.

Seriously, good for you but why is this on the forum?

*reported*
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Maybe so people won't make the same mistake as me.

Thanks for reporting me, bro.

Was just trying to help...
Quote by Mcassidy42
Maybe so people won't make the same mistake as me.

Thanks for reporting me, bro.

Was just trying to help...

This information is in a million and one tutorial videos across the internet and within a few days at most your forum post will be lost in the nether-world of dead threads. This is of no use.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Seriously Zaphod...necessary?

Given that its dime a dozen info but the kid was trying to help others and share his experiences. Isn't that what the forum is about?
Quote by Camo1902
Seriously Zaphod...necessary?

Given that its dime a dozen info but the kid was trying to help others and share his experiences. Isn't that what the forum is about?

It's a blog post, it doesn't need a thread for its own purposes. This forum is about asking and answering questions and inciting discussion. This does neither.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
I agree that this thread is mostly useless, but backseat moderating is highly looked down upon on most forums. Just throwing that out there.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
Quote by Scopic
I agree that this thread is mostly useless, but backseat moderating is highly looked down upon on most forums. Just throwing that out there.

I'm not here to make you people like me.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Scopic

We have a report button for a reason.
If everyone posted every epiphany they had, this place would get cluttered fast. If you want to make a lesson or write an article, there's a section for that; it's better if the technique forum is left for people who have questions or need some input from others.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Aleksi
We have a report button for a reason.
If everyone posted every epiphany they had, this place would get cluttered fast. If you want to make a lesson or write an article, there's a section for that; it's better if the technique forum is left for people who have questions or need some input from others.

Every forum has a report button, and none of them require that you make a post showing that you reported someone. Just report and move along if you feel that the thread deserves it.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
Quote by Scopic
Every forum has a report button, and none of them require that you make a post showing that you reported someone. Just report and move along if you feel that the thread deserves it.

It's a rule here that you do so, I guess it's so the mods don't get bombarded with reports about the same thread.

Edit: Here's a link to the rules: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748419
Scroll down to "No posting in reported threads".
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Last edited by Aleksi at Sep 4, 2011,
dudeeeeee im soo glad u posted this!@#@!#$!@$!##$ i tried wat u said ur ephinany was on and i can alt pickk now!!!! holy ****! i may not even doing it the way you are, but neverthe less i can alt pick cleanly rather then get that ****ing clumpy sound..thanks