so looking over the status site i got to looking at the replacement necks and sprung up an idea for a gnarly parts bass. taking an alder body from rondo or ebay fitting a status neck onto it and throwing a badass bridge and maybe either a seymour duncan QP set or maybe emgs. finish it in black and have a black pearl pickguard to top it off. any suggestions to this idea or input as to how the carbon fiber neck would affect tone?
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Black? why boring black? Why not another, more interesting color?
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Alucard817
Black? why boring black? Why not another, more interesting color?

to make you ask questions idk maybe a trans blue would be good if i could get ahold of a body with a flame or quilt top. i just dig all black basses for some reason
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
That would be a pretty sweet parts bass, but if you're going to go all out with a Status neck, I'd at least get a really solid body from somewhere better then Rondo or a no-name eBay seller. Anyways, a graphite neck does have tonal characteristics distinct from a wood neck. Some people label carbon fiber as "sterile" but its surprising how "woody" it can sound. Graphite necks tend to be extremely even all over the neck, and of course you get the stability benefits.

If you're thinking about shelling out for a Status, I'd suggest looking into Moses and Modulus too. Moses is a bit cheaper, and the quality and composition of the composite are arguably a tad worse then Status or Modulus, but they offer more options on their necks.

EDIT: feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want to know anything more in-depth about this stuff, graphite/carbon fiber is kind of my niche.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Sep 4, 2011,
Quote by Tostitos
That would be a pretty sweet parts bass, but if you're going to go all out with a Status neck, I'd at least get a really solid body from somewhere better then Rondo or a no-name eBay seller. Anyways, a graphite neck does have tonal characteristics distinct from a wood neck. Some people label carbon fiber as "sterile" but its surprising how "woody" it can sound. Graphite necks tend to be extremely even all over the neck, and of course you get the stability benefits.

If you're thinking about shelling out for a Status, I'd suggest looking into Moses and Modulus too. Moses is a bit cheaper, and the quality and composition of the composite are arguably a tad worse then Status or Modulus, but they offer more options on their necks.

EDIT: feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want to know anything more in-depth about this stuff, graphite/carbon fiber is kind of my niche.

that wouldn't be that bad IMO i guess i tend to lean towards tones that are produced by stuff that produces "sterile" tones like emg pickups and the like.
EDIT: pm sent
Quote by Bass First
Last edited by summerson1 at Sep 5, 2011,