Well the title pretty much sums it up. I'm looking for an affordable wireless (let's say around $500 maximum and I'd prefer to stay as cheap as possible) to add to my rig. I'm open to a lot of things but it MUST have a few things.

- ideally should fit on a pedal board and be powered by a voodoo lab pp2 (if not it's fine)
- easy to use
- won't suck tone or drop out on me
- something that will last
- a wireless with multiple body packs (I'd like to have one for my backup guitar too)

Also I should note that I'm not a huge fan of those ridiculously long proprietary cables for body packs. I'd ideally want something with a 1/4 inch jack so I could plug my guitar in with a nice little 1 foot cable. If the cable is proprietary I would like it as short as possible.

*PLEASE READ* I no close to nothing about signal or anything like that. I just want to be able to turn this thing on, hit a few buttons, and play.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Thanks.
I use a line6 G30.. Its awesome. The G30 has no proprietary cable and fits on a pedal board. The higher models use the proprietary cable.

I noticed VERY little if any tone loss. I'm not sure if you can buy multiple body packs for it or not..
/rig
Affordable wireless and good wireless never go hand in hand. Be prepared to drop 300+ if you want anything great.
Quote by Tyler Bro
Gauges or Diamond studs? I am getting one, which one?

Quote by Xiaoxi
Get a dildo. Says the same thing.
The digital wireless is less susceptible to noise and will give you a pretty perfect signal.

The only other wireless is a cheap UHF/VHF system.. so not much to compare.
/rig
Try the Joyo Wireless
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I have a Line 6 G30 and played a place with a fairly big stage and it worked great and sound good to.
Quote by glamourkilledme
I was thinking about the G50. But I still don't want a proprietary cable. Can you use a 1/4 inch?

Pretty sure you have to use the proprietary one.. There's a few sites out there that sell it for cheap if you want a replacement.
/rig
Yeah that's the thing. I'm trying to avoid proprietary cables. I want a right angled cable (like a one foot patch) so I can use my les paul and not have to worry about taking care of the excessive cable.
So the G50 and that lava cable chip46 suggested would be a decent investment? Or should I go with something more "professional?" My friend told to check out AKG and Sennheiser. Would those be better than the G50?
The G50 is about as good as it gets for wireless in that price range. I wouldn't spend any less than that on a wireless and feel comfortable IMO.

I did notice the lava cables only start at 24", which is kind of long. I think the stock cable that comes with the G50 is less than that, but I've never measured. TBH I haven't felt the need to replace it.
Well again I wouldn't mind spending up to $500 or so for a wireless. I'm not trying to cheap out on this. I want to make a good investment.
I've always been a big fan of the AKG systems. I used them on tour, i can't rememer what model it was though.
Yea I bought one thats a little cheaper for the few local gigs that i do now and again. Its the WMS40PRO Flexx. Its discontinued, but it was around $250 when i bought it. Its crazy good for the price. If you can find one of those you'll be happy. I would trust any of the AKG products. Build quality is killer.