Page 1 of 2
How do you have a conversation with a girl? I usually just ask them questions but I've had a few girls be like "why are you asking so many questions?" And I don't really know how to start a conversation with a chick without asking questions.

EDIT: Specifically I mean girls I don't know, I don't have that much trouble talking to chicks I do know, it's just a matter of trying to get to know them and not being strangers. Once we aren't strangers and talk for a little bit I can follow through and get numbers but it's before that part is whats troubling me.
Last edited by purplehaze2242 at Sep 4, 2011,
are you trying to hit on her?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Conversations are not interviews. Do not conduct them as such.
PM me for newts
"Hello" is always a good start.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
The correct question is "do you want to straddle my naked brazen loin?"
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
when talking to her, don't refer to your time with her as conversating with her.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
You should use the D.E.N.N.I.S. system instead of conversating with them
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Weaponized
Just start talking about what a bitch Britney or Jennifer is. That's all girls talk about ever.

OMG Jennifer is such a two faced bitch!!!

No but talk to them how you do anybody, we arent that different you know.
Quote by StewieSwan
Conversations are not interviews. Do not conduct them as such.

Then what do you suggest? I never know what to talk about so I'll find something around the room or about her and start asking questions until it turns into a conversation or the moment is ruined. (not a good stategy at all unless it's self centered girls who love to talk about themselves)
Quote by Tentonics
That sounds like a bad idea

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Quote by purplehaze2242
Then what do you suggest? I never know what to talk about so I'll find something around the room or about her and start asking questions until it turns into a conversation or the moment is ruined. (not a good stategy at all unless it's self centered girls who love to talk about themselves)

assuming you're not trying to hit on her, don't talk to her unless there's something to talk about
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Primus2112

Deny Everything Now
Never Instigate Sex?
If the have problems agree with them. "Like oh my God Becky is such a *****" "Yeah, totally" unless they say. "I look fat today" or "My mom is a bitch", "Yeah totally" should work. If she asks for advice make sure you give good advice that benefits her. As for normal conversation, talk about music, sports, the weather, clothes (ex. I got some cool new converse at the mall yesterday), etc.
you're a stone fox
I say something unexpected that the wannabe-athletes at my school don't say.

They think I'm mysterious
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
It would be a fair generalisation to say that 90% of women think irrationally, and therefore converse irrationally, so to converse rationally would be irrational. basically you need to talk about random shite you would never talk about.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
I still can't get over the fact that you said conversate.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
It depends on the girl you're trying to talk to, if it's someone you don't know and you're not trying to hit on her then i wouldn't say anything unless you need to. If it's someone you know then just tell her things, talk about what happened to you that day (work or school or whatever) talk about mutual friends if you have any. Just shoot the shit with her.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Ask them a question and when they answer continue the conversation from there, don't just keep asking questions.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Tentonics
OMG Jennifer is such a two faced bitch!!!

You are too

Seriously TS, just talk like normal. Don't "bro talk" or anything, but just make jokes, listen to them, reply with personal anecdotes. As long as you don't stare at their chest the entire time or generally be creepy it should be fine.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Deny Everything Now
Never Instigate Sex?

Demonstrate Value
Engage Physically
Nurturing Dependence
Neglect Emotionally
Inspire Hope
Separate Entirely

and this way you can get these chicks back whenever you want
Quote by homeless-john
I do this thing where I talk to women like I talk to anyone else.

I call it "The Curveball"

You're not understanding what I'm saying. I do talk to them like everybody else once I know them, its getting to know them. Thats why I was asking how to start a conversation with a girl so we can either be friends or lovers.
Just talk to them like any other person. They're not that different from you except in the obvious physical ways. They're just people. No need to be intimidated, just talk to them like they're one of the crowd you hang out with.
Conversate? ****ing seriously?

Oh, who am I kidding, I don't give a shit.

Best advice: tell her you don't have a dick. She'll like you more at first, then later you get to experience the joy of proving a woman wrong.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by x0rsist
It would be a fair generalisation to say that 90% of women think irrationally, and therefore converse irrationally, so to converse rationally would be irrational. basically you need to talk about random shite you would never talk about.
Such as "You know like, when your roommate starts smearing his own feces all over the walls? Yeah, mine does it in a counter-clockwise fashion. What about yours"?

Probably not, now that I've thought about it.

Quote by byob_soad2
Me: Hello.
Girl: Hi.
Me: Uh...

What, are you waiting for her to tell you how to dazzle her?
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
women think conversate is the act of wearing converses.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
usually i try to sneak from behind with the chloroform already on the rag, then i talk to myself in 3rd person as i drive the white van away from the scene of the "conversate".

But seriously, just say hello and be natural.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by Grimriffer
women think conversate is the act of wearing converses.

I'd imagine, like most of the educated world, they know that 'conversate' is not a word but an ignorant back-formation.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by Primus2112
Demonstrate Value
Engage Physically
Nurturing Dependence
Neglect Emotionally
Inspire Hope
Separate Entirely

and this way you can get these chicks back whenever you want

If that fails find a friend more capable of utilizing the D.E.N.N.I.S. system and switch to the M.A.C. system
Move in.
After.
Completion.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Primus2112

OT, I usually just go with something in the surroundings. And you don't have to question them constantly. Take one topic you already asked about, then give brief statement on how it's involved in your life. Talk about yourself a bit.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
"Nice ass, sugar tits" and "hey sexy, whats shakin" usually work for girls with a sense of humor and get the reference. for dumb looking girls i usually say shit like "sup" and "hello" and "i see you are wearing a gucci sweater"
your whisper may sway the weak, but when i speak it roars the seas
Quote by x0rsist
The correct question is "do you want to straddle my naked brazen loin?"

Sigged.
Psh, all you need is a box of magnum condoms. Drop the box in front of her, and she'll know you have a monster dong. No talking necessary.
Quote by stratman7
Psh, all you need is a box of magnum condoms. Drop the box in front of her, and she'll know you have a monster dong. No talking necessary.

don't forget your wad of hundreds, either.
Go Veg.
This is coming from me, a girl. obviously. haha the whole question thing is a step in the right direction, but can come off as feeling like an interogation and make someone feel uncomfortable. Instead if you wish to continue the question asking since you're the most used to it try asking questions about things that interest you and if they interest her then Wow! look at that you have common ground to start a legitimate conversation and she's most likely to feel more comfortable when there is that common ground.
Music is my refuge.
I can crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.

Quote by im not mental
don't forget your wad of hundreds, either.

You get your Magnum condoms, you get your wad of hundreds, and you're ready to plow.
Page 1 of 2