budget? there are a ton of really awesome guitars out there, how much you spend will determine what would be considered a good fit for you.

A sollid body can do jazz just fine in my opion, with the right pickups.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
depends on your definition of jazz really. many solid bodys are used. al dimiola used a Les Paul and mike stern uses a tele for instance.
The Les Paul is a jazz musicians signature guitar. Perhaps a PRS Custom 22 Hollowbody would be nice(its not a jazz-box, but its a hollowbody). It's all a preference based things, if you're looking to spend that much though, I'm hoping your planning on trying these first.
$2-$3k is going to get you a hell of a guitar.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Honestly, people don't usually have to recommend this, but a Les Paul Custom.
Where's Waldo?
Les Paul Custom, or something from the Fender custom shop. I have been ringing the Duesenberg Starplay bell pretty loud since i got one. Gretsch makes beautiful guitars in that range. Really you have a lot to choose from.
Quote by BlackVoid
Quote by jesse music
I really like jazz, I don't want a full hollowbody, but I at least want something I can play jazz on. I also like rock and more metal stuff on, but I don't really know how well a full solid body can handle jazz.

Suggestions?

It's basically preference to you. Don't get too fooled around by buying what other people tell you to buy, because you never know what pros and cons the guitar will have.
If I were you, I'd go with which music genre I mostly concentrate on. Concentrating on jazz/blues rock and soft rock? Fender HSS Strats will do. Mostly on Hard rock and Metal? Get a Fender Blacktop Telecaster. Using tremolo bars? Get an Ibanez S-Series guitar. But that's just me. Be sure to test all guitars before you buy one! You never know which guitar is prefect! Good luck in getting your guitar!
I just bought an Epiphone Dot for $535 total with a case, and I love it! Sounds perfect for what youre looking to play, and pending on your budget you could even go for the Gibson ES-335.
Instruments and Gear:
Fender MiM Deluxe Player's Strat
Epiphone Dot
Fender T-Bucket 300 CE Acoustic
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Blues Jr.
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Loop Station
I would recommend a schecter c-1 hellraiser because its one of the most versitle guitars ive played for a reasonable price but if your looking for top notch and versatility I would go with a PRS custom 24
Quote by jesse music
I really like jazz, I don't want a full hollowbody, but I at least want something I can play jazz on. I also like rock and more metal stuff on, but I don't really know how well a full solid body can handle jazz.

Suggestions?
15 years old playing 4 years and no lessons. Guitars:Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Amps:Peavey 6505+ head, Peavey Classic 50 combo, Peavey audition 110. Effects:IbanezTS-9, Dunlop535qwah, BossMT-2. YouTube A7Xguitarplayer0272