Just got time to snap a few pics. I had this on layaway for a while now and just brought it home yesterday. I saw it in the local GC and liked it's looks, so I decided to try it out. After a few minutes of playing all the pickups, I really liked the sound. I even liked it a bit more than my other (much more expensive) Ibey Prestige. It has a bit of a deeper bassier sound to all of the pickups. I was a bit surprised about that since the body is made of basswood and my other Prestige is mahogany. Makes me kinda wonder what the mahogany body would sound like with those pickups?? Strangely enough, it also has way better sustain than the mahogany body of my RG4570Z. I got it used, and the price was excellent for the condition of the guitar. Only issues were a minor nick in the finish on the back of the body, missing whammy bar, and missing Prestige tool. I can buy the whammy for $20.00 so no biggy. The prestige tool is a big question mark....I was told they do not sell "Prestige accessories". I know that is true of the cases, so maybe the tool is the same. Oh well. As for the nick, I was gonna try using some Testors model paint in Gloss Black Enamel, but Wal-Mart doesn't have it. All they had was car type touch-up paint. I guess I will have to try a local hobby shop like Hobby Lobby or Michaels for the paint.

Well, here's the pics part....

Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Sep 4, 2011,
Nice guitar, HNGD, even though I'm not a fan of Ibanez really.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
you mean an Allen wrench for the tool? im not too familiar with Edge trems sorry if thats a stupid question
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
It plays great, I'm a big fan of the Prestige necks, they are awesome. I originally got a RG4570Z for a performance/recording guitar and an RG5 for practice. But when I saw this, and the deal was so good, I decided I could have a Prestige for practice too. And the sound is real nice (but I like a bit more bass than most people). This will also make string changes faster, the RG5 takes me like a half hour every time I change string size. The Prestiges have that ZPS thingy (proper technical term) in the back, so it takes about 5 minutes (if that) more than a regular string change.
Quote by M_16A
you mean an Allen wrench for the tool? im not too familiar with Edge trems sorry if thats a stupid question

It's kinda like a "Swiss Army Knife" for guitars. It's a multi-tool made specifically for Prestiges. Has a bunch of allen wrenches, screwdrivers, tool for truss rod, etc...
Quote by IbanezBossShred
It's kinda like a "Swiss Army Knife" for guitars. It's a multi-tool made specifically for Prestiges. Has a bunch of allen wrenches, screwdrivers, tool for truss rod, etc...

ahh i seee, have you tried looking at Ibanezs website for it?
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
try ordering it through sam ash?

congrats on the guitar.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Nice! 1570s are awesome.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Me wonders. I bought an Ibbey RG570 secondhand a while ago. The owner didn't know much about the details of the guitar, but I liked the sound so I bought it. It looks like it has the same pups as your new beauty has. Could someone please tell me what those pups are called?

Ty

P.S.: HNGD, ibbeys are bjootiful
"I'm not retreating, I'm initiating an offensive manouvre in the opposite direction!"
Quote by Tom 1.0
Nice! 1570s are awesome.

This
Happy NGD, I love my 1570
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Enclose
Me wonders. I bought an Ibbey RG570 secondhand a while ago. The owner didn't know much about the details of the guitar, but I liked the sound so I bought it. It looks like it has the same pups as your new beauty has. Could someone please tell me what those pups are called?

Ty

P.S.: HNGD, ibbeys are bjootiful

The humbuckers are V7 in the neck and V8 in the bridge, V stands for Vintage. The center is the S1 = Single 1.

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1570
i think it's a good thing you went with such vastly different guitars.

so many people get the same guitar over and over and never get to see what else is out there.

lol.

:trollface:

i'm kidding, i realize they are in fact quite different regardless of the appearances.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
if you need the arm, I think you can get one at Ibanez Rules
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
if you need the arm, I think you can get one at Ibanez Rules

TY, but it's already ordered from GC now. I had to go through that for my RG5. It was new, but they lost the handle. Took like 3 weeks to get from factory. And if I need one for now, my 4570 has the same handle. Only thing missing that I cannot find is the tool. And after spending $6K on damn Ibey's, I want a f*&#^$ hat or something too.
what's the tool?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Yeah, but in defense, I have seen uglier.

Edit to add: Example, Peavey makes a hunter (blaze) orange guitar. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Sep 5, 2011,
nice! mij ftw
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It'll be even better if you swap out the pickups man. I put a CrunchLab in the bridge, an Air Norton in the neck, and a True Velvet in the middle. It's a great, versatile combination imo.
Actually the pickups was the reason I got it.
If I wanted those silly ol' Air Nortons and True Velvets I got those in my 4570 already, and it's Mahogany.

PS: Oh, and it do sound so good too.