...they are loosen to the max, on both of my guitars?

Their necks' bow don't look that curved, but it creeps me out a little bit to know that their truss rod are adjusted to the max since I don't really know if it should.

The first guitar is a ibanez sz520qm - 25.1 inch scale with 9s
The second one is an ltd h-401 fm - 25-5 inch scale with 10s

Thanks in advance
You cannot tell if a neck is adjusted properly by looking at it. You need to measure. Anyway, it's fine to have the truss rod all the way loose if that's really the best setup for it. All the way tight is a sign of a problem.
I see. Well, I checked the guitar setup FAQ in here, the truss rod section and apparently I should be ok (with the credit card trick said in there). I just needed to know if it was a problem if it was adjusted to the max. Thanks
Quote by kevC4
...they are loosen to the max, on both of my guitars?

Their necks' bow don't look that curved, but it creeps me out a little bit to know that their truss rod are adjusted to the max since I don't really know if it should.

The first guitar is a ibanez sz520qm - 25.1 inch scale with 9s
The second one is an ltd h-401 fm - 25-5 inch scale with 10s

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, no one knows which guitars have proper neck curvature WITHOUT playing it for the first few months. This is very hard to identify. If you need to re-adjust the truss rod on your guitar in an emergency, place a capo on the 1st fret (C-shape neck) OR hold the first fret on the low-E string (V-shape neck), then hold the same string on the 12th fret, then you tap the 7th fret to check if there is any relief. Then, tighten or loosen the truss rod to adjust the proper neck curvature you need. If you are not really confident that this trick will work, OR if you don't have proper materials, then take the guitar to a luthier and have the guitar set up for you.
This are rulers for you to use:
Thickness of a credit card: TOO MUCH curvature
Thickness of a hair OR strings sitting on frets: NOT ENOUGH curvature
Last edited by prosong12345 at Sep 6, 2011,