Hello to all. I've been using this site for ages now, since I started playing guitar around six years ago actually.

Figured I'd pop in and say hello.

Not sure what to say other than that. Been playing a stratocaster for the majority of my time. I've swapped between an Ibanez RG and a Gibson Les Paul at times but I always go back to my strat for some reason. I can always play it perfectly regardless of the surrounding atmosphere.

I suppose my style of playing is next. It's kinda odd. It's a Zakk Wylde influenced Joe Satriani. I suppose that's the best I can really do for description since my playing alternates between the two there.

I guess I'm just looking for some tips and potential techniques to use and practice in order to get out of this rut I've dug myself into. I.E. I got stuck into my comfort zone and can't get out of it long enough to practice something new. But hopefully someone here can help me out with that. I know I can learn rather tough-to-reproduce songs namely by Satriani since he's got that distinct sound. :P I managed to get as close as you could on a strat, learned Love Thing and never looked back; play it daily too. So I know the potential is there I just keep getting stuck and lose focus.

So, yeah that's kinda me. :P
sup dawg.

as for your rut-like situation, maybe the problem is that you need to find new music that sounds great enough for you to really want to play it.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!