As the title states, whenever i pull up on the whammy bar, the tremolo does not return to its original tuning and it would drop in tuning after i pull up and rise after i release my dive bombs. Could this be because my guitar is new or anything?

I have an RG870Z and an Edge Zero II tremolo.

Any help on this matter would be great. Thanks!
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
Sounds like the bridge hasn't been set up properly. The spring tension needs to be adjusted to allow the bridge to sit level.
Last edited by a_hub10 at Sep 5, 2011,
Quote by a_hub10
So like the bridge hasn't been set up properly. The spring tension needs to be adjusted to allow the bridge to sit level.

I have referred to the FR guide sticky and the angle of the bridge looks the same as the edge zero there.

Quote by whaip
Or the locking nuts aren't thight enough.
Just check them.

How tight should they be? I used a hex key to turn it until it stopped. I did not dare to screw it too tight in fear of breaking something. Is this my problem?
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
have you stretched your string properly after your initial tuning, i.e. before locking the nut?
Do it at least 3 times plus the above suggestions and it should sit level and stay in tune after dive bombs
i hate to be a dick, but... it's ibanez. you get what you pay for.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
you're not a dick, just an idiot.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
you're not a dick, just an idiot.

Well said sir. To ts: are you strings new? I always have problems with my c-1fr when I change strings. Your springs could be wore out too, they're pretty cheap if you decide to get a new set.
Quote by a_hub10
Well said sir. To ts: are you strings new? I always have problems with my c-1fr when I change strings. Your springs could be wore out too, they're pretty cheap if you decide to get a new set.

I hope my springs aren't worn out. I just bought my guitar literally 3 hours ago!

Anyway, i think i may have found the reason for my tuning instability.

As you can see, the pressure pad is slightly dented.Is this the reason why my tuning is not stable? The rest of the pressure pads are not as dented as this one. This is the pressure pad for the first 2 strings, the high E and B. Should i return to the store to ask for a replacement?
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
Sorry man its very late where I'm at. I forgot you said it was new. My friend has a prestige. I remember when he got it he had the same problem as you. He put in an extra spring and it did the trick. Hopefully that will work for you. When locking the nut just tighten it til its good and firm, don't muscle the thing, but don't baby it either.
I can't add any springs as there is a ZPS3 on my guitar and it only allows a maximum of 2 springs. Maybe i could try looking for stronger springs... Do you think new pressure pads are needed?
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
I really hope it's a problem with the strings, but i can hear and feel a slight 'click' when i pull and push the trem around 1 spot. I am starting to think that there may be a problem with the knife edges. Someone help?

Also, i don't think it's a problem with the stretching of strings as i am still using the strings from the factory. I have not changed strings yet so the current set on my guitar now should have been on there for quite awhile
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
Last edited by Zainprox at Sep 5, 2011,
I say since the guitar is new, take it back. Why deal with the headache, while you're there maybe ask for a set up, that is if you don't know how to do one.

Your pads should NOT be doing that, neither should your trem. You may have gotten a lemon. It happens even with the best companies.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Sep 5, 2011,
Yeah i guess i'll just do that... The only reason i didn't get a free set up today was because their guitar tech wasn't there. And, I choose this guitar among 3 others of the same model and colour as one of them was the display model and another had a flaw in the frets.

Thanks for all your help guys, i really appreciate it.
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
Had the same problem with a new Jackson, afraid to say it was the knife edges that were knackered, and the bridge had to be replaced. As it's new take it back and get them to set it up or replace any damaged parts.
yeah i had more or less figured out that it was a problem with the knife edges. I'm a little afraid now that the store i bought the guitar at may not replace the Edge Zero II for me.
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
take the guitar back and have them order the sameone in for you if you really want that color.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Zainprox
As the title states, whenever i pull up on the whammy bar, the tremolo does not return to its original tuning and it would drop in tuning after i pull up and rise after i release my dive bombs. Could this be because my guitar is new or anything?

I have an RG870Z and an Edge Zero II tremolo.

Any help on this matter would be great. Thanks!

Is it a setup problem? When was the last time you got it setup? If you haven't got it setup (if this is your new guitar), get it setup with a 10-46 Ernie-Ball Reg. Slinky guitar strings and test the guitar again. If that doesn't work, then it's probably poor quality tremolo bridge materials. In that case, contact the manufacturer to check if the guitar had any factory flaws when it was shipped out. A simple check with 10-46 strings will tell you.