My 8th fret on my B string is buzzing.i untied and re-tied my strings and now i notice that it dosent buzz that much but my 8th fret on my G string is now buzzing! anyone who knows how to fix fret buzzing plz? ( i havent changed stings for 1 year maybe that's it?)
Raise your action slightly, and or adjust your truss rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
Raise your action slightly, and or adjust your truss rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This.

PS. What's the acoustics like in your Siege tank?
Quote by MrKyran
This.

PS. What's the acoustics like in your Siege tank?

Not bad, pretty warm, good tones bro, good tones.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by tolis7990
My 8th fret on my B string is buzzing.i untied and re-tied my strings and now i notice that it dosent buzz that much but my 8th fret on my G string is now buzzing! anyone who knows how to fix fret buzzing plz? ( i havent changed stings for 1 year maybe that's it?)

are the strings a year old?

if so, it's time to change the strings anyway.

swap one string at a time and keep the same gauge that's on there.

IN THE MEANTIME, if you want to raise the bridge a little,

or MEASURE neck relief, please click the green link in my sig and
look at the first post in that thread.

it explains how to raise the action, and how to check if you will eventually need to adjust the truss rod.

if after measuring, you post back here, and tell me you have no middle relief,
i'll explain how to adjust the truss rod correctly, so you dont ruin your guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by tolis7990

It all depends on how the guitar is setup. If the first 8 frets are buzzing, then it's a truss rod misalignment. However, if the 8th fret is the ONLY fret that is buzzing, then your guitar probably has bad fret leveling. In this case, file down the fret by using a filer on the fret that you wish to file down. Then buff away the filing marks with a piece of wood, and then polish the fretboard. A simple string check will tell you.
^ he hasn't changed strings in a year.
you're gonna want to do that before filing frets, no?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
^ he hasn't changed strings in a year.
you're gonna want to do that before filing frets, no?

I almost forgot that. Yes, if the strings are old, you should change them. (Thanks for helping me in that.) Have a luthier set up a basic 10-46 Reg. Slinky E. Ball strings for you and then check to see if the strings still buzz.
Thank you all guyz, it's been really helpful im getting my guitar serviced tommorow at a guitar store thanks all!
Quote by tolis7990
Thank you all guyz, it's been really helpful im getting my guitar serviced tommorow at a guitar store thanks all!

Good luck with your guitar! And remember, if the guitar is serviced and the frets still buzz OR the action is too high, then it's a set-up problem, so if anything happens, then message me and I'll give you some advices, okay? Take things easy buddy!
well actually, it's a good idea to try the guitar at the shop before you leave.

and remember, buzz that does not transmit through the amp is generally
not considered a problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62