Hey everyone,

I'm having a hard time finding the actual weights of these guitars:

Gibson Explorer,
Fender Stratocaster,
Squier Bullet Strat (if there is any weight difference etc.)
Jackson Kelly,
Ibanez JS100,
Gibson Les Paul Studio,
Ibanez DarkStone.

I'm just curious about the weight difference between guitars.
If you know the weight just post it and help a fellow guitar player out.

Thanks!!!
"The Demon Code prevents me from Declining a rock-off Challenge"

-Satan.
It even changes within a guitar model, my USA deluxe strat weighs more than a MIM strat i tried in a shop once; Bit of a silly question - ppl will only be able to give you average weights of those models, but each one varies.
i could only give an approximation based on relativity - i.e. the les paul studio will be the heaviest, and The Js100 will be the lightest.
individual guitar weights vary by guitar.

no two trees are the exact same.

so no two bodies are the exact same weight.

so even if someone told you the weight of their guitar and you bought one of the same model, it wouldn't be the same weight.

most solid body guitars are between 7.5 and 10 pounds, generally speaking.
bullet strat will be VERY light - lihter than a normal strat. they are made of cheaper materials and woods.
It might help to know what you are hoping for or expecting with a weight difference. The same exact model of guitar can easily be a 2-3 lb. difference.
Quote by gregs1020
most solid body guitars are between 7.5 and 10 pounds, generally speaking.

My uncle has a Les Paul that weighs 19 lbs. It hurts after a while
Where's Waldo?
Quote by a_hub10
Google could be a good idea here.

A lmgtfy would have added to this post
Quote by swatspeedman
A lmgtfy would have added to this post

I don't really want to spend the time to google the weight of 7 different guitars.
Quote by a_hub10
I don't really want to spend the time to google the weight of 7 different guitars.

Same, I noticed after posting but couldn't be bothered to edit my post. Or alternatively you could make the google something ironic or cocky...
Quote by chadreed32

that would be the heaviest guitar i've ever heard of.

and really, i find that incredibly hard to believe.
Quote by chadreed32

pics or GTFO
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by gregs1020
that would be the heaviest guitar i've ever heard of.

and really, i find that incredibly hard to believe.

Agreed 100%. The heaviest I've ever read about was 13lbs. Beyond that is highly unlikely.
Quote by randomhero93
pics or GTFO

+1

If that thing is actually 19 pounds, it's either a big ****ing guitar or made of some of the most dense wood I've ever heard of.
Quote by Saint78
Dude you haven't lived until you've licked chocolate pudding out of a fat ladies back boob.

Quote by Boer Goat
I have never given a golf stack

Congratulations sir.
Quote by Duv
guitarvillage.co.uk have a good range of guitars and for the nice ones (Fender CS, Gibson Customs) they give the weights.

that's probably because they'll have so few of them in stock that they can sell them as individuals rather than just listing the specs of that particular model

edit: and yep, 19lbs is pushing it even for a '70s gibson les paul - the weight of some of those les pauls from that era are the reason gibson started the 'swiss-cheese' weight relief thing in the first place.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Sep 6, 2011,
Its a '73, IIRC. I was talking about how heavy it was, and threw out a number. He laughed and told me it was 19. He lives in Pennsylvania. I live in California. I have no way to give you any proof other than I trust him and he's been playing guitar for 40+ years now.

I will say though, it was heavy as sh*t.

Edit: and I know from your perspective it sounds like I'm completely talking out of my ass, but I swear to you - this is what I know.
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by chadreed32
Its a '73, IIRC. I was talking about how heavy it was, and threw out a number. He laughed and told me it was 19. He lives in Pennsylvania. I live in California. I have no way to give you any proof other than I trust him and he's been playing guitar for 40+ years now.

I will say though, it was heavy as sh*t.

Edit: and I know from your perspective it sounds like I'm completely talking out of my ass, but I swear to you - this is what I know.

i know for a fact early/mid '70s les pauls are heavy as shit, but 19lbs is just ridiculous.

he may have been playing for 40+ years but that doesn't mean he can estimate weight any more competently than anyone you pick off the street at random.
Rig Winter 2017:

then get the guitar, put it on a scale and take pics of the weight. seriously, words cant prove this.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Blompcube
that's probably because they'll have so few of them in stock that they can sell them as individuals rather than just listing the specs of that particular model

edit: and yep, 19lbs is pushing it even for a '70s gibson les paul - the weight of some of those les pauls from that era are the reason gibson started the 'swiss-cheese' weight relief thing in the first place.

Yep, they post amazing photos of the actual guitar they hold for each one as well as having an excellent range. To top it all off it's in a small village, in an old cottagey sort of building - lots of wood, creeky windy stairs, beams, low ceilings, lumpy floors etc. A lovely place to buy/try an instrument.

The instruments that I've seen the weights listed for are generally the ones that purchasers are really going to care about greatly - Gibson Historics mainly.
Quote by Duv
Yep, they post amazing photos of the actual guitar they hold for each one as well as having an excellent range. To top it all off it's in a small village, in an old cottagey sort of building - lots of wood, creeky windy stairs, beams, low ceilings, lumpy floors etc. A lovely place to buy/try an instrument.

The instruments that I've seen the weights listed for are generally the ones that purchasers are really going to care about greatly - Gibson Historics mainly.

wow, i just checked out their website, looked at their selection of gibson SGs, and now i want to go there so badly
Rig Winter 2017: