Are there any differences between Mesa single rectifier and dual recitifier when it comes to tone?
Or is it just the number of channels?
The single seems to be a tighter amp than the Dual. I actualy like it a little more because of this.
The single also only has 2 channels like the original duals, and only 2 power tube and no tube rectifier ether.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The single seems to be a tighter amp than the Dual.

Single Rec tighter than a Dual?

ARE YOU DRUNK?

The single recs are, in comparison to the duals, akin to an incontinent mans arsehole - loose and uncontrolled. You'll also find they have about as much tonal defition as a brick smeared in mustard being hit with an inflatable toy hammer. Now I'm not an expert on mustard-coated bricks, or inflatable weaponry, but I assure you it probably SUCKS.

If you're interested in Mesa Rectifiers, look for the three-channel dual rectifiers, or the two-channel triple rectifiers. The older they are, the better. These are considered to be the 'golden' choice by many.
Quote by Kikuta
Single Rec tighter than a Dual?

ARE YOU DRUNK?

The single recs are, in comparison to the duals, akin to an incontinent mans arsehole - loose and uncontrolled. You'll also find they have about as much tonal defition as a brick smeared in mustard being hit with an inflatable toy hammer. Now I'm not an expert on mustard-coated bricks, or inflatable weaponry, but I assure you it probably SUCKS.

If you're interested in Mesa Rectifiers, look for the three-channel dual rectifiers, or the two-channel triple rectifiers. The older they are, the better. These are considered to be the 'golden' choice by many.

Everyone likes diif sound, and yes to me the single sounds tighter in the bass response.
No I'm not drunk....maybe a little stoned

People don't want the 3 ch dual, those are the newer ones, the 2 ch duals are what most people want

Edit: and the tripple recto is one of the muddyest amps I have played
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Sep 5, 2011,
also the single has lower wattage at 50(?) watts, while the Dual is 100 watts and the Triple is 150 watts, and a price difference at that too
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Quote by M_16A
also the single has lower wattage at 50(?) watts, while the Dual is 100 watts and the Triple is 150 watts, and a price difference at that too

so you saying the single is most likely to be as good as the dual and trible?
maybe even better because of the price?
Quote by Robbgnarly
Everyone likes diif sound, and yes to me the single sounds tighter in the bass response.

+1

I too find the Single Recto tighter than the Dual or Triple.

Plus, the signature sound of a Dual Recto is that bass sag... I don't see how that bass response is considered tight.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I love the Single Rec.

I find all the extra features on the Dual Rec are the ones I turn off so its similar to the Single anyway

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by ragingkitty
the signature sound of a Dual Recto is that bass sag... I don't see how that bass response is considered tight.

You are of course right, though no-one in their right mind would think a recto's bottom end is tight. Simply that the single recs are even looser than the rest. Which is saying something.

Hell, I don't know what amps you people have been playing, all the single recs I've tracked or heard sounded like shit