Page 1 of 5
Are there any bands that you guys feel musically they kick ass, but are let down by there frontman.
Either he is a poor singer, sound wise he doesnt fit in etc etc

I would say...

Iron maiden
Dream theatre
Jimmy hendrix experience
Megadeth
Mushroomhead(the bald dude)
Rush
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Quote by The9
Iron maiden
Jimmy hendrix experience

WAT. Hendrix 'frontman' role was basically as a guitarist. And Bruce Dickinson? THE Bruce Dickinson?

The /thread answer: Limp Bizkit
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Guns and Roses
This Town Needs Guns (okay, he's an okay singer, but the lyrics are pretty poor, and he is pretty predictable in his style)
I've never got on with Periphery's singer, but I probably just need to get used to it
Gallows is good, and I do like Frank Carters voice, but the guy could improve.
Guns and Roses

Oh, and Iron Maiden? Really?
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY ♂♂♂
Quote by KTFM
This thread.

Their, not there.

Woops my bad.

Quote by The9

Jimmy hendrix experience

Wat.

That's like saying Bruce Springsteen let down the e-street band. Or something.
The Rolling Stones - I can't really stand Mick Jagger's voice
Babyshambles - Pete Doherty might let them down because of his drug abuse. He's making it rather hard for the band to perform in a somewhat good manner sometimes.
Red Hot Chili Pepers - I don't like Anthony Kiedies at all. I prefer John Frusciante's solo stuff to RHCP. And that's partly due to Kiedis awful singing and lyrics.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
BMTH? * flame-shield activate*
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Quote by Banjocal
Guns and Roses
This Town Needs Guns (okay, he's an okay singer, but the lyrics are pretty poor, and he is pretty predictable in his style)
I've never got on with Periphery's singer, but I probably just need to get used to it
Gallows is good, and I do like Frank Carters voice, but the guy could improve.
Guns and Roses

Oh, and Iron Maiden? Really?

Dude, you're the one who got me HOOKED on This Town Needs Guns in the first place! And now you're alll "meh" about them?!

Nah, jk. I really like the singers voice though.
Quote by DOHC
* flame-shield activate*

I don't think you need worry.
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 5, 2011,
what is the point of this thread?

*Dream THEATER not tre. get it right people. also agreed with the limp bizkit thing.
wut.
When the band is named after the frontman and he is the focal point both musically and visually, I don't think you can really say he's "letting down the band". He is the band, they are just backing musicians.
Quote by Ahteh
Wat.

That's like saying Bruce Springsteen let down the e-street band. Or something.
Exactly. That makes very little sense TS.

EDIT:

Florence lets down her machine
Last edited by fender_696 at Sep 5, 2011,
Quote by Banjocal

Totally agree with this. When I saw them he was easily the weakest member of the band, and seemed to spend more time dancing around than actually trying to sing properly. Would have enjoyed them a lot more if he wasn't there I think.
Quote by Reptilianriff
what is the point of this thread?

*Dream THEATER not tre. get it right people. also agreed with the limp bizkit thing.

Whats the point!!!! WHATS THE POINT!!! AGHHHHH

Quote by DOHC
BMTH? * flame-shield activate*

Agreed.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Bob Dylan and the band.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Posting in troll thread.

More seriously though, I'm tempted to mention Nightwish.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Quote by BenRaah
Totally agree with this. When I saw them he was easily the weakest member of the band, and seemed to spend more time dancing around than actually trying to sing properly. Would have enjoyed them a lot more if he wasn't there I think.

He's quit.

This will be the last show we play with Stu before he moves on with paternal duties and the introduction to the world of his newborn baby! Though I am sure he will still get involved in shows here and there afterwards, this is the last show we will play with Stu start to finish!

It promises to be a great evening!

Quote by Oyface
Dude, you're the one who got me HOOKED on This Town Needs Guns in the first place! And now you're alll "meh" about them?!

Nah, jk. I really like the singers voice though.

I want to get this straight: I LOVE TTNG. I want to have sex with Tim Collis, and I want him to jizz his noodly math rock playing all over me till I scream in orgasm in 3/4, and get violently pounded in 13/8 for 4 bars before finishing off in 5/4.

>_>

*ahem* However, I dislike the vocals. I feel the same about The Speed of Sound In Seawater.

OT: I don't like Neil Youngs voice.
I put hendrix in gus because i believe him to be a very poor singer

I agree about Periphery. If they were purely instrumental, I'd be into them a lot more, but the vocals don't do it for me.

I disagree about Dream Theater though, no-one else could fit the band as well as James does IMO. Listen to anything with Charlie Dominici singing (When Dream and Day Unite) and it just doesn't sound right.
Then again, I'm a big DT fanboy so whatever

Quote by KTFM
I'd let down her machine.

Its ok, a lot of men have trouble getting it up.
Last edited by littlephil at Sep 5, 2011,
Jeff Buckley's band. They were probably all "what kinda grown ass man can't swim."
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by The9
Are there any bands that you guys feel musically they kick ass, but are let down by there frontman.
Either he is a poor singer, sound wise he doesnt fit in etc etc

I would say...

Iron maiden
Dream theatre
Jimmy hendrix experience
Megadeth
Mushroomhead(the bald dude)
Rush

Quote by The9
Iron maiden
Jimmy hendrix experience
Megadeth
Rush

thread is invalid
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Jeff Buckley's band. They were probably all "what kinda grown ass man can't swim."

Thread's over.
Quote by The9
I put hendrix in gus because i believe him to be a very poor singer

Then this thread should be called "Bands that are let down by their singer" in which case I would agree with you about Megadeth. I never liked Mustaine's vocals, but he basically is Megadeth and he's a great frontman.
Quote by KTFM
bit late, bro.

You sonuvabitch.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
What the hell? How is Iron Maiden let down by Bruce Dickinson? He's an awesome singer!
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Last edited by stealstrings at Sep 5, 2011,
Quote by Banjocal
I want to get this straight: I LOVE TTNG. I want to have sex with Tim Collis, and I want him to jizz his noodly math rock playing all over me till I scream in orgasm in 3/4, and get violently pounded in 13/8 for 4 bars before finishing off in 5/4.

>_>

*ahem* However, I dislike the vocals. I feel the same about The Speed of Sound In Seawater.

Dude.
Quote by stealstrings
What the hell? How is Iron Maiden let down by Steve Harris?

Point taken
Aside from my earlier comment:

=Cloudkicker *trollface.jpg*

=Sacred Mother Tounge

=Suicide silence have the chance to be a fairly acceptable floor-punching windmilling 15yr old band, but Oli-Sykes-Lite on vocals makes me want to rip off my face and launch it into the sun

=Megadave

I find its mainly due to the singer not matching the style of music being played, rather than the singer being shit.
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Are you a frontman TS?
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by Oyface
Dude.

Look at him. You know you would do him.

However, TTNG have now lost Stu, so hopefully they will get in a better vocalist. They should get a death metal vocalist in. Shit would be chill.
Quote by deathdrummer
Are you a frontman TS?

No i am not.

Page 1 of 5