Page 1 of 2
What's your opinion on the movie Spinal Tap pit? I personally thought it was a terrible movie. I thought there was bad acting, they tried too hard and that resulted in no comedy, and the story was pretty lame. I just thought it was a bad movie.

If you have ever been in a band, I think its easier to find it funny.

Also whats the deal with the Prestige? I dont get the constant references to it?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
That's the point though, you're like how bad can the movie get and the answer is none. None more bad.
I could totally identify with it. My old band had a drummer spontaneously combust on stage.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Megadethfan245
What's your opinion on the movie Spinal Tap pit? I personally thought it was a terrible movie. I thought there was bad acting, they tried too hard and that resulted in no comedy, and the story was pretty lame. I just thought it was a bad movie.

But, look at the movie, man. Listen to it. I mean, just listen to it. The awesomeness.

Oh you don't hear anything? You would, though, if you were watching it.

You sure you got the correct movie, bro?

Quote by Demon Wolf

Why the hell don't I remember that part?
Quote by triface
But, look at the movie, man. Listen to it. I mean, just listen to it. The awesomeness.

Oh you don't hear anything? You would, though, if you were watching it.

You sure you got the correct movie, bro?

I'm sure I got the right movie. But I guess the movie just isn't for me.
Last edited by Megadethfan245 at Sep 5, 2011,
Two-word review for this thread:

Shit Sandwich.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Well you know, with a normal movie you'd say like, this movies is a total ten. But then what. Where can you go from there? Exactly. Nowhere.

Spinal Tap is just one better.
it's a classic. one of the funniest movies. i rented it to watch with the girl i started dating because it's totally one of those "if you think this is funny, you win. if you don't, you lose." things.

and she thought it was funny. or at least was wise enough to fake lulz.
#DTWD
Honestly, I thought it was a great movie, I had many lulz, and I plan to watch it again sometime this month.
Given people in the 80's genuinely thought it was a real band, not a fictional one, I'm pretty sure that complaint about the acting is just you having bad taste in acting.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
The characters are great, the story is great, the acting is great. It's funny as hell.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Quote by necrosis1193
Given people in the 80's genuinely thought it was a real band, not a fictional one, I'm pretty sure that complaint about the acting is just you having bad taste in acting.

Pretty much this.

And yeah, I think the movie is awesome.

This is also relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN42uzNFVmQ&list=FLoAdzkYl4MT7QbwX4LUqjAQ&index=49&feature=plpp
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by Tom 1.0

If you have ever been in a band, I think its easier to find it funny.

Also whats the deal with the Prestige? I dont get the constant references to it?

You should know this.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952675&highlight=union+jake+the+prestige
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by Kevin19
It bored me. I stopped watching halfway through.

this
To be honest, I was a little disappointed when I saw it, as I was expecting a bit better. I do like it though.

But I much prefer Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny and School of Rock .
This will start a RIOT! in me
Spinal Tap is awesome, don't even try and deny it.

"The two totally distinct types of visionaries, it’s like fire and ice, and I feel my role in the band is to be kind of the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water."
Quote by Paramore.
To be honest, I was a little disappointed when I saw it, as I was expecting a bit better. I do like it though.

But I much prefer Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny and School of Rock .
D:

i mean.. uh.. i respectfully disagree.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
it's a great movie with tons of classic bits that can be relevant in all kinds of situations.

Quote by L2112Lif
This thread... Is so dumb. And I ask myself, how much more dumb could it be? No... None more dumb.

poorly played
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Megadethfan245

Seems like someone missed the entire point of the film.
This sums up my thoughts about the OP

Spinal Tap was a fantastic movie
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Jazz Funeral
Two-word review for this thread:

Shit Sandwich.

They can't print that!
This thread is in danger of being crushed by a dwarf.

There's stories of the film being shown to Judas Priest, with Rob Halford even saying he though it was real, mainly because nearly all the scenarios of live props failing, saying the wrong city's name, getting lost backstage, etc, all actually happened to them. I'm sure it's happened to other bands in the 80's as well.
Quote by muffinduck01
Pretty much this.

And yeah, I think the movie is awesome.

This is also relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN42uzNFVmQ&list=FLoAdzkYl4MT7QbwX4LUqjAQ&index=49&feature=plpp

Spinal Tap rules
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Spinal Tap is awesome
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Page 1 of 2