Page 1 of 2
Currently sitting around waiting for the delivery of my new iMac 21.5 inch.

I am SO bored.

Anyone else currently waiting for anything cool to be delivered?
Nope. Still waiting to win a Line 6 interface on ebay before I get it delivered. My budget isn't exactly sky high though
I'm waiting for the thread lock to be delivered.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I am waiting for my M-Audio ProjectMix to be delivered. The seller is ****ing useless. Bought and paid on Friday 26th and it still isn't here despite him having said that he's sent it.
Box fans my wife sent from the states. I remember when i was waiting on my Cowon S9 a couple of years ago. I stayed home and made sure to keep the tv and music low enough for me to hear the ups guy knock on the door...

...silence

Then my mom got home from work later that afternoon and handed me the package. Damn bastard never knocked!!!

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by g1asseye
Currently sitting around waiting for the delivery of my new iMac 21.5 inch.

I am SO bored.

Anyone else currently waiting for anything cool to be delivered?

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by evening_crow
Box fans my wife sent from the states. I remember when i was waiting on my Cowon S9 a couple of years ago. I stayed home and made sure to keep the tv and music low enough for me to hear the ups guy knock on the door...

...silence

Then my mom got home from work later that afternoon and handed me the package. Damn bastard never knocked!!!

You're married and you live with your mother?
I'm waiting for some Honda bike parts after taking a spill.. unfortunately they're made in India and they won't be here 'till the end of the month. Until then, I'm stuck at home with no transport.

There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
I'm waiting for a set of bare knuckle P-90s nailbombs, a digitech whammy and an ehx deluxe memory man, but I've got my brand new 27 inch iMac to keep me company.

EDIT: plus my new profire 2626 and a copy of protools 9. That'll be cool.
Last edited by guy_tebache at Sep 5, 2011,
My next DVD on my Netflix queue.

Oh, and a synth that's being handmade by a dude in Chicago. He's also selling them as kits, but I opted for the prebuilt one.
Quote by Lord_Doku
I'm waiting for some brains so I won't go out and buy anything made by Apple.

Jumping on the apple hating bandwagon, eh? Nothing wrong with apple. Just overpriced, but OS X is pretty awesome.

I ordered a new headset and keyboard a few days ago. Got here really quick because I live right by the company's warehouse.
Quote by guy_tebache
I'm waiting for a set of bare knuckle P-90s nailbombs, a digitech whammy and an ehx deluxe memory man, but I've got my brand new 27 inch iMac to keep me company.

EDIT: plus my new profire 2626 and a copy of protools 9. That'll be cool.

Do you just randomly go on $2000+ shopping sprees, or is this a one-off thing?
Quote by RU Experienced?
You're married and you live with your mother?

No...

I said a couple of years ago, as in when i was single and still living at home. My wife and I moved to Japan when we got married.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by emerald876
Jumping on the apple hating bandwagon, eh? Nothing wrong with apple. Just overpriced, but OS X is pretty awesome.

Not really. The products are okay, but the general Apple fans are pretty retarded. As if they are foreign and think they know everything about your own neighborhood. (personal experience)
Quote by Lord_Doku
Not really. The products are okay, but the general Apple fans are pretty retarded. As if they are foreign and think they know everything about your own neighborhood. (personal experience)

This. Some of them also sees putting priority in hardware performance per piece of currency paid as being poor or a beggar (true story). You get your moneys worth on Mac. A 2000$ Mac is mostly 800$ hardware, 300$-ish OS (Win7 is 100$) and the rest in expensive music editing software, coding IDE, photo editing software, ... It's like Windows users were forced to buy Photoshop, Protools and some expensive video editing program upon that. I have met the sensible mac user that elaborates on why he uses Mac, and I have met the arrogant hipster using Mac. The former offered me a healthy discussion, the latter threw insults rather than coming with valid points as to why he thinks Mac the better. If you use all that software, then you can see it as buying it alongside your computer.

I would consider the OS were it available for everyone. I only use Win7 when gaming, or playing guitar or keyboard through the DAW. Otherwise, Ubuntu 11.04 is indeed awesome for day to day use. (Chat, browse, listen to music, ...)... Though I hoped I could get my firewire soundcard working. The ability to start up my computer and just use it as soon as the desktop appeared was something I loved with Ubuntu and MS' bloatware would not permit. Also, workspaces.... The only drawback for Ubuntu -- or Linux-based OSes in general -- is how complicated installing stuff can be and the disregard for it by hardware producers.
Last edited by GisleAune at Sep 5, 2011,
Quote by GisleAune
This. Also sees putting priority in hardware performance per piece of currency paid as being poor. You get your moneys worth on Mac. A 2000$*is mostly 800$ hardware, 300$-ish OS (Win7 is 100$) and the rest in expensive music editing software, coding IDE, photo editing software, ... It's like Windows users were forced to buy Photoshop, Protools and some expensive video editing program upon that. I have met the sensible mac user that elaborates on why he uses Mac, and I have met the arrogant hipster using Mac. The former offered me a healthy discussion, the latter threw insults rather than coming with valid points as to why he thinks Mac the better.

I would consider the OS were it available for everyone. I only use Win7 when gaming, or playing guitar or keyboard through the DAW. Otherwise, Ubuntu 11.04 is indeed awesome for day to day use. (Chat, browse, listen to music, ...)... Though I hoped I could get my firewire soundcard working. The ability to start up my computer and just use it as soon as the desktop appeared was something I loved with Ubuntu and MS' bloatware would not permit. Also, workspaces.... The only drawback for Ubuntu -- or Linux-based OSes in general -- is how complicated installing stuff can be and the disregard for it by hardware producers.

I agree. It's just that the only people I tend to meet who happen to have Apple products are said hipsters. I never talk to someone who genuinely made his/her choice and can explain why they prefer OS X. Not that I get much of a chance to.
Quote by GisleAune
General Apple Discussion

Now, I've always considered Apple digital oppressors. Their products are always locked up in one way or another, and it seems whatever you do is always controlled by Apple somewhere along the line. And for every piece of tech you get you'll need some other proprietary iGadgets to really use it to its full extent. They decide what you want.

Oh, and I can't stand OSX because it seems wherever I move the mouse cursor, there's a fancy animation and about a thousand windows start bouncing all over the screen.
REGGIE
Last edited by LeakyFlask at Sep 5, 2011,
Angerfist to release his remix of "I like it loud"
Colleen Houck's books(Tiger's Curse and Tiger's Quest) I ordered last week
Waiting on some prep-reading books for Uni.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by GisleAune
This. Some of them also sees putting priority in hardware performance per piece of currency paid as being poor or a beggar (true story). You get your moneys worth on Mac. A 2000$ Mac is mostly 800$ hardware, 300$-ish OS (Win7 is 100$) and the rest in expensive music editing software, coding IDE, photo editing software, ... It's like Windows users were forced to buy Photoshop, Protools and some expensive video editing program upon that. I have met the sensible mac user that elaborates on why he uses Mac, and I have met the arrogant hipster using Mac. The former offered me a healthy discussion, the latter threw insults rather than coming with valid points as to why he thinks Mac the better. If you use all that software, then you can see it as buying it alongside your computer.

As an avid Mac user, i kinda have to agree with the hipster comment. I know too many people who have got Mac's just to be cool and will barely even use the majority of the pieces of software on their shiny new Macbook. Whenever i get into this Apple vs Windows debate i always try to give my perspective of why I chose a Macbook over any other laptop out there. Sure they are expensive but you get exactly what you pay for. Spend £800 on a Macbook that will last me 10 years, or £300 on a laptop that will barely get past the 2 year mark? Apple products are an investment more than anything. I have had this Macbook Pro for nigh on 2 years now and it runs faster than my sisters 3 month old Toshiba, and has far more bells and whistles. As a University Music student the software is perfect for me too. As soon as my loan comes in, Lion is going straight on here
I bought some used condoms on ebay

Not really. But I won a CD for retweeting an answer to an artists question and they sent me a free CD.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by Nemesis117
As an avid Mac user, i kinda have to agree with the hipster comment. I know too many people who have got Mac's just to be cool and will barely even use the majority of the pieces of software on their shiny new Macbook. Whenever i get into this Apple vs Windows debate i always try to give my perspective of why I chose a Macbook over any other laptop out there. Sure they are expensive but you get exactly what you pay for. Spend £800 on a Macbook that will last me 10 years, or £300 on a laptop that will barely get past the 2 year mark? Apple products are an investment more than anything. I have had this Macbook Pro for nigh on 2 years now and it runs faster than my sisters 3 month old Toshiba, and has far more bells and whistles. As a University Music student the software is perfect for me too. As soon as my loan comes in, Lion is going straight on here

Apple uses the same parts as other manufacturers do. There are brands that are shit, and for 300$ you ain't getting much either way. How are you so sure it will last you ten years? In about three your hardware lags way behind what they can have for the exact same price. Asus is the one you go to for windows-sporting laptops, as Asus are a quite good hardware manufacturer. How can you say your mac is lasting you ten years, when you have had it for two?

The problem is Windows, the operative system. It's slow and horribly insecure compared to OSX and Linux OSes like Ubuntu. Weren't it for gaming and my Presonus Firewire soundcard, as well as the VSTi for the keyboard. I would have used Ubuntu 100% of my time as the idea behind workspaces is indeed better than ALT+tab for software using multiple forms. Ubuntu's drawback is the complicated installation of the OS and for the software for it. Wubi making the first step very easy and there's a lot of information and a quite friendly community to help beginners get started.

I have had only bad experience with Toshiba. Low-end Dells last much, much longer in comparison. Many laptop testers usually buy a clean Win7 CD to get rid of all the ****ing bloatware that laptop manufacturers love to stuff their laptops with -- beware that you might need to know what hardware the laptop has in order to get the right drivers.

Apple are also very secretive on stuff a hardware critical person would look for, like what exact model of Intel i7 it is using. And any RAM beyond 6GB is really not that useful for anyone not using it to manipulate 5,000,000 polygons in a 3D modeling program.

Quote by Lord_Doku
I agree. It's just that the only people I tend to meet who happen to have Apple products are said hipsters. I never talk to someone who genuinely made his/her choice and can explain why they prefer OS X. Not that I get much of a chance to.

He also said he would never buy Apple were OS X sold for everyone regardless of brand of their computer.
Last edited by GisleAune at Sep 5, 2011,
Macs haven't even made it past the 2 year mark in my experience, whereas the Compaq laptop I've had for nearly 7 is still chugging away.
Not going to list my list of other reasons, but yeah, personal experience Macs are great for about 6 months then everything just fails.

Who am I to speak though?
Currently I'm waiting for my Free kids bowl from Kellogs to be delivered for collecting 3 codes.
Quote by institutions
The newest AJJ album preorders are supposed to ship tomorrow, but some people have already got theirs, so that's what i'm waiting for

It's already available by other means, if you get my drift.
*Enters thread, no Mac-PC fight first page*

Hey, this could turn out alright...

*It starts three posts into page two*

Well, shit.

*Discussion is mostly well-thought out, reasonable, and respectful*

Thank you guys for not resorting to name-calling and blatant flaming in a discussion of this matter.

inb4someonemakesacommentlikethatjustbecauseofthis

On-topic, not at the moment, but I've been looking at a few things on Amazon, mainly a few small things like a little ocarina and a fedora, and I've been thinking about ordering a better audio interface lately.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by michal23
It's already available by other means, if you get my drift.

I know ;D
I've listened to it quite a few times.

But I preordered the vinyl, and the part I want most is the shirt
Page 1 of 2