Right, this time last week i had an audition for music to get into college and the day before i practiced for about 8 hours because i was terrified of failing and not getting on the course. Since then i have had a strange pain in my left wrist, my fretting hand... i cant bend my wrist forwards at all.. It moves back a little but only maybe half as far as my right hand does...

Now as far as i am aware my technique is fine, my thumb is usually just above the trust road line on the back of my neck but sometimes it is closer to the top with the edge of my thumb just behind the start of my fret board. I am in no pain or discomfort what so ever whilst playing. I have no lumps bumps or any signs what so ever on my wrist so i am completely unsure what this could be...

Has anyone experienced anything like this before and if so does anyone know how to get rid of this?
You may have just overworked it - do you usually practice for that long in a single session?

If you usually play for that long with no problems, you should go to a doctor & get it checked out. If that's significantly longer than a normal practice session, then maybe you could leave it a day or two to see if it improves, but if it does'nt you should go to a doctor.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I dont usually play for that long, thats considerably more practice than i would do usually... I have left it almost a week now and i dont know if it has improved or not as i only really noticed it yesterday when i tried to do some push ups...

I think i had this problem a while ago, but again im unsure...
In that case, you should definitely get it checked out by a doctor. Posting on a forum won't help you.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Haha, i know i just wanted to see if anyone had anything similar and if its been a serious problem
i get wrist pains too, but i used to be able to crack my wrist like i would my knuckled except i could do it whenever and as long as i wanted. i should probably have it looked at. but if your really worried, go see a doctor.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Its probably repetitive strain injury... you might want to see a doctor
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.