So I HAVE DECIDED to go for a hellraiser C-7 BCH. The question is:Floyd or without one? I´d really like to test for different tunings and play like Nevermore and Trivium in the same session... And I haven´t been using my floyd very much... I know that it´s pretty obvious,which I should choose, but I can´t decide!!!
Quote by GuitarManiac110
So I HAVE DECIDED to go for a hellraiser C-7 BCH. The question is:Floyd or without one? I´d really like to test for different tunings and play like Nevermore and Trivium in the same session... And I haven´t been using my floyd very much... I know that it´s pretty obvious,which I should choose, but I can´t decide!!!

If you're going to be constantly switching tunings then don't get the floyd rose. You say you haven't been using your floyd very much which means you have another one? If so then you don't really need another one, you could use the guitar with the FR for whatever you need and the normal guitar for alternate tunings.

No matter how many times you've changed tunings on a floyd rose, it's a ****ing bitch to do and so annoying, I don't even bother changing tunings anymore because it ****s up the action in my guitar everytime and I need to tighten/loosen the springs in the back everytime I switch tunings or alternatively put a ruler between the floating trem bridge and the body which defeats the purpose of even having an FR because you can only dive.

If there's one thing you should've gotten from my rant it should be to just get a guitar with no FR.
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
Quote by GuitarManiac110

If you don't care about tremolos much, NEVER BUY tremolo-equipped guitars! Many things can go wrong with tremolos, mainly in terms of TUNING INSTABILITY! (Which is the reason why I had to sell back my Ibanez RG350MZ a few weeks ago.)
Quote by !Mike!
If you're going to be constantly switching tunings then don't get the floyd rose. You say you haven't been using your floyd very much which means you have another one? If so then you don't really need another one, you could use the guitar with the FR for whatever you need and the normal guitar for alternate tunings.

No matter how many times you've changed tunings on a floyd rose, it's a ****ing bitch to do and so annoying, I don't even bother changing tunings anymore because it ****s up the action in my guitar everytime and I need to tighten/loosen the springs in the back everytime I switch tunings or alternatively put a ruler between the floating trem bridge and the body which defeats the purpose of even having an FR because you can only dive.

If there's one thing you should've gotten from my rant it should be to just get a guitar with no FR.

Which is another reason why I sold back my Ibanez RG350MZ a few weeks ago; TUNING IN-VERSATILITY!
Quote by prosong12345
Which is another reason why I sold back my Ibanez RG350MZ a few weeks ago; TUNING IN-VERSATILITY!

No reason to sell it. Keep it in a tuning and buy a hardtail.

TS: I´d really like to test for different tunings and play like Nevermore and Trivium in the same session... And I haven´t been using my floyd very much...

No floyd.
Quote by DimebagZappa
No reason to sell it. Keep it in a tuning and buy a hardtail.

TS: I´d really like to test for different tunings and play like Nevermore and Trivium in the same session... And I haven´t been using my floyd very much...

No floyd.

Most people are, unfortunately, under a certain budget to but themselves a secondary guitar. Those who have multiple guitars in stock are very lucky people. It's just best to buy one guitar and stick with it for the rest of your lives.
Quote by prosong12345
Most people are, unfortunately, under a certain budget to but themselves a secondary guitar. Those who have multiple guitars in stock are very lucky people. It's just best to buy one guitar and stick with it for the rest of your lives.

Agreed.
I have 3 guitars. One Kaman GTX33 with floyd, one BC Rich ASM with floyd, and a "Stratobastard" strat knockoff with an aftermarket fixed bridge.

I blocked off the GTX33 with a wood block. Bends beautifully, stays in tune forever, great sustain. No whammy action, tho.

I installed a FR tremolo stop and an extra spring on the BC Rich. Now I can bend a step and a half in E std without lifting the bridge. Great sustain, tuning, etc.

FR tremolo stop cost me about $16, and installed in 10 minutes.

The nice thing about both of these is that I can drop tune to whatever I want. I can still use the whammy on the BC Rich, but only for dives. And with a FR, you can adjust string height instantly with the pivot posts. And the fine tuners are awesome.

I never do whammy stuff in any of the music I play, and I'm an 80's hair band freak. I just play things my own way without doing whammy stuff. I outgrew the whammy stuff decades ago.

The fixed bridge strat actually has the most tuning issues, but not by much.

In summary, I don't really use the whammy stuff, but love floyds.