It's really easy to convert them
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Kindles open pdfs.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
the Kindle is the best eReader
I shot JR

Quote by ingames
Kewl. Btw does anyone use it for University books? I heard they give 'em all in digital format, and I really don't dig reading off LCDs.

A lot of the books i need to read are obscure and not available on Kindle to my best knowledge, but all PDF's that i need to read can be put on it.
I shot JR

Quote by Drmckool
A lot of the books i need to read are obscure and not available on Kindle

lolhipster

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

If you're in the USA, the Nook is far and away better than the Kindle in my opinion. Try them both out before you decide.
I have the Kindle. It's awesome. It looks just like a regular book on screen. A bit of software called Calibre is great for adding books you've forgot to pay for.
Be prepared to send your kindle back when it breaks. My mum has been through 4 since Christmas. Great when it works mind you!

PSN ID: ArranP
Last edited by apmaman at Sep 5, 2011,
Quote by ingames
Kewl. Btw does anyone use it for University books? I heard they give 'em all in digital format, and I really don't dig reading off LCDs.

The Kindle uses an e-Ink screen which is easier to read off of
Quote by SteveHouse
lolhipster

Maybe, but i'm also a North American History/Poli-sci major who has to read obscure books on conservatism.
I shot JR

Quote by iro-bot31
If you're in the USA, the Nook is far and away better than the Kindle in my opinion. Try them both out before you decide.

No, Europe due Middle East.. kinda.

And what's that with Kindles breaking down? I've had it with my xbox360, replaced it four times after breaking down.
If you get a cover for it, it probably wont break. I have a Kindle and love it to death. As someone said above, Calibre is a great program for converting books to different formats and it's free. I downloaded a torrent of like three trillion books and I use it to get them on my kindle.

I'd recommend it.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Drmckool
Maybe, but i'm also a North American History/Poli-sci major who has to read obscure books on conservatism.

I wish you were also somehow an art major so you could draw us the face you make when you have to read said books
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I wish you were also somehow an art major so you could draw us the face you make when you have to read said books

Just imagine someone with a pompadour wearing Wayfarer glasses and a plaid shirt.
I shot JR

I've had my Kindle since last February and haven't had any problems. I personally find it superior to the Nook, but of course that's just my opinion. The screen is just like reading a book, so you don't have to worry about LCD glare and eye strain.
All you need is yo' fingers and the strings