Hi there, I am looking for a new guitar and found two (used) that I liked. Those are Esp Ltd M-200 FM (for 350$) and a Ibanez RGR 320EX (for 300$). As you might have guessed I play mostly metal (lead). What do you guys think? Are they good guitars? Which one should I pick, if any?
*Ps - Do you recommend any other guitar?
Thanks
i dont know either specific guitar, but i tend to like ibanez guitars....their low ends arent great tho, so be careful.
i personally play an ibanez xiphos, which is a bit pricier than the ones you listed, but its really good, fast neck, solid one, etc. try them out if possible tho to decide
Quote by Darkness in Zero
their low ends arent great tho
False. Ibanez actually makes some great low end guitars, extremely good for their price.
+1 on Poglia
Scientists write papers and books. Engineers make money.
Another +1. Ibanez makes extremely great low end guitars, definitely one of the market's finest.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Hi there, so everybody thinks the RGR is better than the Esp, I heard neck through were better so I was kind of confused xD Will it be a big improvement form my cheap Epi II?
*ps - I got the guy of the Esp selling it to me for 300$
Last edited by ShockSplash at Sep 6, 2011,
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING HERE IF YOU WANT THE ANSWER: Ugh...neck through construction isn't better. It can aid in sustain, but there are many ways to improve sustain. Also, many great guitarists use bolt-on guitars, Eric Clapton comes to mind. I'd get a chance to play both, and pick the more comfortable guitar. NOBODY can tell you which guitar is better, the amp and effects dictate your tone way more than the guitar. Neither will be a big improvement over any lower-end guitar like an Epiphone, the only true advantage might be the neck playability and both guitars have double locking tremolo's in them. The Edge 3 on the Ibanez sucks, Ibanez's best tremolos start with the Edge Zeros, so that is something to think about. I trust ESP's tremolos more than the Edge 3. If I were you, I'd make by until I had enough money for a nicer axe, maybe an Ibanez RG470mh to start. THE END
I'd go for Ibanez and consider buying new pickups right after the purchase.
ESPs if not the ones made in Japan don't bother checking them out.
Quote by SSampuser68
Ugh...neck through construction isn't better. It can aid in sustain, but there are many ways to improve sustain.

Neck through is also good because of better access to higher frets.....

Quote by SSampuser68
The Edge 3 on the Ibanez sucks, Ibanez's best tremolos start with the Edge Zeros, so that is something to think about. I trust ESP's tremolos more than the Edge 3.

what are you talking about?????? the edge 3 is a verrrry good tremolo...better than an imitation floyd at least.
With tremolos, its a huge opinion thing, just like guitars in general, so it's silly for us to argue it, BUT the edge 3 most definitely doesn't suck...its just a difference in the feel of it. if the feel isnt for you, than thats fine, but it doesnt suck. its built perfectly fine
My rg has great upper register access.
Another notable bolt on player- Steve Vai.

Edge 3s are okay, just learn how to set one up properly.

Ltd= Agathis.
Thanks for all the replies they have been very helpful. I thought of neck -through because of the better acess to higher frets (my Epi´s is terrible).
@Ssampuser68: I have a good amp, Im now trying to find a guitar with a thiner neck and different playabillity.