I've searched around a bit and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if it's possible to add a mid control knob to the Vox AC15? If so what all is involved?

Also what are just some good mods for the AC15?
Quote by phayzze
Ok, what will that do exactly?

I think it is R45 in the Vox AC15 amps being produced now. Replacing the 10k resistor with a 25-50k pot would essentially be giving you a mid control. That is the 10k resistor that Kurtlives is talking about.

As for other mods... what are you looking to get out of the amp? The first thing that has to be done, if you haven't already, is replace the speaker with a Celestion AlNiCo Blue or Weber Blue Dog.
Ok, but he said to replace the bass pot right? I'm more looking to add a third knob so I can full control of everything.

And no, I haven't replaced the speaker, it's completely stock, so thanks for pointing that out.
Quote by phayzze
Ok, but he said to replace the bass pot right? I'm more looking to add a third knob so I can full control of everything.

And no, I haven't replaced the speaker, it's completely stock, so thanks for pointing that out.

Nah he meant to replace the resistor coming off the bass pot. The 10K resistor is attached between the bass pot and ground.

The stock speakers are okay... but the magic of the Vox comes from that AlNiCo Blue speaker. It is a bit expensive though, think $225. You could always get the Ceramic Weber Blue Dog for about $110 and have an awesome speaker for it.

What else are you looking for, and what styles do you play a lot.
The mid control was the only big thing I wanted to change, I just wondered if anyone knew of any other mods that I hadn't thought of. (Like changing the speaker)

I play mostly punk/pop-punk and metal, so I generally like kind of a thick chunky beefy tone.