gonna look good with what im planning to do with it but thats for another day... anyway, point of the thread is while i was sanding that, this happened to the back.

is it bad or how can i fix these scratches/cracks?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Just saying, if the entire guitar was scratched like in the 2nd picture, it would look pretty cool.
Where's Waldo?
Well that is the back that's scratched and I was hoping I leave it alone
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
^^If you're hoping to leave it alone, why don't you? If you want to get rid of the scratches, sand down the back and paint both sides. You already sanded the front, anyway.
Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker!
Quote by rickygarcia90
^^If you're hoping to leave it alone, why don't you? If you want to get rid of the scratches, sand down the back and paint both sides. You already sanded the front, anyway.

see i didnt touch the back. but the surface i layed the guitar down on to sand the top sccratched the back and i was just wondering how to fix those scratches.
ty for suggestions guys

oh and btw i took the neck off and its just going to sit there for like 1 week or 2 untill i get the veneer in the mail and put eveerything together....can this damage my neck from lack of tension or is it just simply going to bow back a bit
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Sep 5, 2011,
I'm not sure how that's a problem.
You need to sand everything down anyways.

You mentioned a veneer, some glue is going to squeeze out and get on the sides regardless.
..I was watching my death.