Hey guys,

I have the Marshall JVM215c which I'm running through a 1936 cab. I mainly use the OD Orange mode but I find it just doesn't have the grit and balls of the Crunch Red Channel!

I'd like to make more use of this channel as it sounds a lot more fuller, but it seems lacking in the gain department. I have the Digitech Bad Monkey which is alright, but just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for a better sounding OD or boost.

Cheers.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by sgboy666
Hey guys,

I have the Marshall JVM215c which I'm running through a 1936 cab. I mainly use the OD Orange mode but I find it just doesn't have the grit and balls of the Crunch Red Channel!

I'd like to make more use of this channel as it sounds a lot more fuller, but it seems lacking in the gain department. I have the Digitech Bad Monkey which is alright, but just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for a better sounding OD or boost.

Cheers.

Honestly, lug the amp to the store and try a bunch. All of them work, but you're going for a specific flavor which I don't think we can help you with. OD 808, TS-9, TS-7, etc. etc.
WTLTL 2011
I think Mark G's suggestion is the best in this situation, but don't just look at OD pedals. Consider some eq pedals like the Dunlop MXR 10 band. They can really add a boost to the amp but are also useful in getting that exact tone.