ESP M-I
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Ibanez MTM2

Ok - I got it down to these 2 bad boys. Keep in mind I like to play metal, and I hate tremelos; hence the models I have picked. I am really particular about the smoothness of the neck. Smooth meaning; when I do bends, i want it to slide like its on glass. I already own an older Charvel, so I am familiar with Jackson necks, but I have been outta the game for some time. The guitar shop I went to only had lower end Jackson stuff. I played on Hellraisers, Blackjacks, and ESP LTD EC-1000's and I was not impressed at all. I am hoping these 3 will have better playability qualities than the others I have tried.

Thanks in advance for your input; Happy labor day.
Out of those options I'd definatly get the Jackson
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
definitely not the Ibanez, either the ESP or Jackson should be good. I'm very familiar with ESPs, and i love them and i'm not a huge jackson fan (i don't dislike them though) but i'd say go with the Jackson on this one just because of that neck pickup. You can't really go wrong on either one though
Jackson- Could use better tuners.
Esp- Could use a neck pup and tone pot.
Ibby- Fixed edge 3.

I'd buy the jackson too....
Quote by DimebagZappa
Jackson- Could use better tuners.
Esp- Could use a neck pup and tone pot.
Ibby- Fixed edge 3.

I'd buy the jackson too....

Thanks for the feedback man;
not to convinced I will need the neck pickup / really only play metal and can get close to neck p/u sound with DSP and the stomp of a footswitch.
are you meaning that the fixed bridge III sucks on the Ibanez?

Thanks again!
jackson
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Deltadawg
Thanks for the feedback man;
not to convinced I will need the neck pickup / really only play metal and can get close to neck p/u sound with DSP and the stomp of a footswitch.
are you meaning that the fixed bridge III sucks on the Ibanez?

Thanks again!

You wouldnt miss the tone pot?
It'll prolly be decent. Just a bad stigma around that bridge. Usually floating.
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Sep 5, 2011,
i'd get the esp.

though i don't much remember what their necks are like. But yeah.

Jackson would be my second choice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
From a pure quality standpoint the ESP would be the highest quality guitar in the selection by a mile.
slsmg would be second but nowhere near an original esp
and the mtm2 shouldnt even be in the shortlist list.
yeah, that's what i was working on, and without really considering the spec. I haven't tried those exact models, but from what i have tried, genuine MIJ ESPs are very, very good, while neck-thru Japanese Jacksons are very good. And yeah the cheaper ibanez shouldn't really be in the running.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jackson. I don't like the 1 pickup in the ESP or the dot inlays. And Jackson necks feel great to me.

And that Ibanez you listed can't hang with either.
the other thing i'd add is that, here in europe anyway, the japanese jackson prices have gone through the roof. so that's another thing to consider. You can normally (if you know where to look) get esps at more or less the same price they ever were.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ESP will be slightly higher quality compared to the Jackson. It's up to you whether you want a neckthru guitar with 2 pickups or a bolt on with 1.
Ibanez is nowhere near those two.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
M1 is neck thru too buddy

I would take the M1 and if you ever decide you need a neck pup you can always route the gap out and fit one.

The Jackson would be a close 2nd in terms of pure quality.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by DimebagZappa
You wouldnt miss the tone pot?
It'll prolly be decent. Just a bad stigma around that bridge. Usually floating.

The MTM2 doesn't have a floating bridge, there's a middle bolt holding it there, seen it on some Mick Thomson gear vid a while back