Im very happy that i FINALLY got my money for my new amp . But the thing is i might be moving into a small apartment or townhouse . so anyways i was thinking oof getting the Mesa Boogie Mark V or the New Mini Rectifier when it comes out. But on the 10 watt setting would i still be able to get good tone at low volumes so i wont piss off my future neighbours?
I know but i am going to be playing in a band and in the near future shows as well but for home use im concerned itll be to loud.
You'll still have to keep the master volume pretty low, even on the 10w setting, but it might be workable. Personally, I'd go ahead and get it, then worry about the neighbors if and when they complain.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by FairyBoy423
I know but i am going to be playing in a band and in the near future shows as well but for home use im concerned itll be to loud.

i can understand that, mate. the thing is with low wattage amps is that you have to turn them up a fair bit just so they sound good. with higher wattage amps, they tend to sound good at bedroom levels, but great at gigging levels. i went and bought an attenuator when i got my first big valve amp, because i thought it would be too loud for home use, but i never used it because my amp sounds decent at low volumes.
While im going to try and go in and test one out at low volumes at the store next week, see if i could work with it.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
i can understand that, mate. the thing is with low wattage amps is that you have to turn them up a fair bit just so they sound good. with higher wattage amps, they tend to sound good at bedroom levels, but great at gigging levels. i went and bought an attenuator when i got my first big valve amp, because i thought it would be too loud for home use, but i never used it because my amp sounds decent at low volumes.

Whats an attenuator?
You're just going to have to try the amps out for yourself. Some amps sound piss poor at low volumes even though the sound great at stage volume while others sound good regardless of where you set the volume knob.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by FairyBoy423
Whats an attenuator?

From here:

What is a power attenuator? A power attenuator is a device placed between the speaker output and the speaker cabinet. It acts like a huge master volume control and permits the amp to be turned up most or all the way while absorbing most of the power generated by the amplifier and turning this power into heat. It passes a small part of the power to the speaker.

Why do I want one? Our customers use attenuators because their amps sound good at high volumes, especially with full distortion, but in rehearsal, small clubs, or at home, they can't turn the amp up. They are also used in recording studios for better separation between the instruments, and for use when the speaker sounds best at low levels, or if it can't handle the power output. The Hot Plate® also makes a perfect dummy load.
Last edited by broc5k at Sep 5, 2011,
Never sacrifice your stage sound for playing with yourself in the bedroom. So it doesn't sound as good at low volume? Is wanking that important to you?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Never sacrifice your stage sound for playing with yourself in the bedroom. So it doesn't sound as good at low volume? Is wanking that important to you?

you've been making way too many comparisons between guitar practice and masturbation lately.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
you've been making way too many comparisons between guitar practice and masturbation lately.

Maybe because I am surrounded by wankers?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
As someone who owns the amp, I say get it. It sounds decent at bedroom volumes and amazing at show volumes if you know how to EQ it. If you like the Mark series of amps then get it.