So yeah, it's not exactly recording-based, but it is Reaper related so I guess it goes here. Anyway, I was wondering if there was a way to use my computer keyboard as a MIDI controller to switch between POD Farm patches in Reaper. For example, set the spacebar to switch to my high gain patch, my '0' key on the numpad to switch to my clean patch, etc.

Cheers guise
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

I'd imagine there is if you google the right thing/look hard enough in the manual. You can do it in most DAW's I imagine - I have done it in Ableton Live, and I can think of a way it would probably work in Logic (though it definitely isn't for beginners, but as I don't really ever need to do this I can't be bothered to actually check if it works ) that would involve mapping key commands on the keyboard to plug-in-specific commands (in the same way you can set automation for 'Insert 1 bypass/volume/pan/mod 1' etc. ). Failing that, perhaps you could set your keyboard as a control surface and map commands to it from there?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Sep 5, 2011,
I know in FL I have used midi to control a talk box emulator from my keyboard live (in Guitar Rig, say what you want about its amp sims but it has great effects).

In FL I had to route it to an internal control through FL Dashboard. Then link my midi to the dashboard control. It worked without any latency.

I imagine the same thing can be done through Reaper. You just need to know how to map commands.

I want guitar signal -> interface -> FL (mixer, amp sim, impucle blah blah, guitar rig 4)

Then I had a knob for effect on and a knob to control the "foot movement".
Last edited by FireHawk at Sep 5, 2011,
I get how to map commands and stuff (kinda) but the problem is getting my keyboard to act as the MIDI Controller. I have no idea how to do that
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.