I watched all the other bands play and am thinking we need some pointers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLtMXWx2wgo
Michael Kelly Patriot limited
Michael Kelly Vex nv
PRS CE24

Tube Screamer
Zakk wylde od
Boosta Grande
Crybaby

Valve Jr
Peavey Windsor
Fender Blues Jr NOS
2x12 cab GBack

Bugera V22
Carvin Legacy

Vintage Rogers Drumset
Pearl ELX
The vocal/guitarist is doing fine. And that's about as much as I would expect from the "frontman" while having to play guitar at the same time. Fairly engaging, looked at the audience, *moved* <lol

Other guitarist *orange guitar* needs to be moving and interacting at least on the same level as the vocal/guitar. He was staring down almost that whole time even at parts which seemed he was doing nothing but power chords.

Tambourine...get her to shake her hips and sway a lot more. I'm assuming she's not apart of the band lol

Drummer...BIG movements are key for stage presence! There are reasons why drummers like Travis Barker and Tommy Lee are awesome performers! Maybe not the most technical or the best, but they put on a show and don't just settle for being in the back drop.

Keyboard! From what I could hardly see, not bad. he had a mic setup so I'm assuming he's doing backing voxs? which is good! Again, since he's stationary like a drummer, big movements are key...he could be jumping a little, instead of tapping his foot along. Stomp it out, and generally groove to the song.

Bass player, get him into the mix...he's off to the side completely isolated from everyone.

And interact with each other on stage, don't isolate yourselves to your respective stage positions. Move around have fun! The audience feeds off that energy and presence.

It did sound good though! I liked it.
Man, don't be modest, you should put this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0XbZEYz8t0&feature=related
I mean, just the moment at 1:50 shows how your band could have fun and that's quite important =)

For the video you gave us, I would say the same things as scguitarking927.
The bassist is almost invisible and should move around the drummer (not always, it should be natural). For this latter, I think the shadow on the white background helps a lot to be seen but he should try to do broader movements.
Agree with above, its all about YOU being into your music if you arent the crowd wont be either. If everyones stationary and not moving much the crowd will do the same. But if they can see you moving to your music and having fun that creates that atmosphere for the audience. Most of the bands that "made it" do this in some way. I know when I go to local shows, see friends bands, etc. I get most into the bands that look like they are having a good time playing the songs.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by TDAyame
Man, don't be modest, you should put this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0XbZEYz8t0&feature=related
I mean, just the moment at 1:50 shows how your band could have fun and that's quite important =)

For the video you gave us, I would say the same things as scguitarking927.
The bassist is almost invisible and should move around the drummer (not always, it should be natural). For this latter, I think the shadow on the white background helps a lot to be seen but he should try to do broader movements.

Their bassist actually broke his leg and tore his acl 2 days before, that's why he was off to the side. Talked to him after the show!
Last edited by tylerjenns at Sep 6, 2011,
Hey. He said he talked to someone about his knee.
Michael Kelly Patriot limited
Michael Kelly Vex nv
PRS CE24

Tube Screamer
Zakk wylde od
Boosta Grande
Crybaby

Valve Jr
Peavey Windsor
Fender Blues Jr NOS
2x12 cab GBack

Bugera V22
Carvin Legacy

Vintage Rogers Drumset
Pearl ELX
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Agree with above, its all about YOU being into your music if you arent the crowd wont be either. If everyones stationary and not moving much the crowd will do the same. But if they can see you moving to your music and having fun that creates that atmosphere for the audience. Most of the bands that "made it" do this in some way. I know when I go to local shows, see friends bands, etc. I get most into the bands that look like they are having a good time playing the songs.

Well done Say good
Last edited by megaduu at Sep 7, 2011,