NEW BETTER PICS ON SECOND PAGE

You mighta seen my thread earlier debating whether or not to trade my MIM strat.... Well shes gone and Im sure as hell gonna miss her but something took her place!
I got myself a PRS Santana SE. This thing is a beast, plays like a dream!!!

Review

Finish: The finish on this guitar is amazing! not a flaw that I can see. The flamed top looks amazing. I cant get a good picture inside. Ill try again tommorow when and if the sun comes out. The bird inlays are absolutely gorgeous! (what good is a PRS without em?)
Playability: This thing plays like a dream! The guy who had it before me set it up like a dream. So smooth to play on. The neck feels great in my hand. Not as fat and bulky as the Tremonti Se I had. feels way better. the trem amazingly snaps right back to prefectly in tune. I usually would block a trem, but I think Ill leave this one be. It weighs less than any Gibson Lp Ive played. It also balances perfectly no neck dive.
Sound: the pick ups sound really great, havent had too much time to play around with my eq yet, cause I wanted to show it off first haha But Im loving the sounds ive gotten so far. The cleans are great, and It sound amazing with a little bit of gain and rolling back the volume a bit.

Now on to everyones favorite part... excuse the crapp cell phone pics. Ill update thread tommorow with some better ones

Pictures

Family Shot for now Not showing my two acoustics.

Last edited by Truckinbilly824 at Sep 8, 2011,
That looks amazing!!!! HNGD!!!!! Love the finish.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
fapfapfapfapfapfap

HNGD
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Sweet

Happy new guitar day!
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.

Not having seen this thread before, I was hoping for the sex.

Sadly, I am dissapoint

Anyway, HNGD! looks good man
Where's Waldo?
Am I the only one who doesn't like the look of PRS? Should I be checked into a padded cell?
Nice guitar none the less.
Quote by swatspeedman
Am I the only one who doesn't like the look of PRS? Should I be checked into a padded cell?

No, you're just part of that regime. Small, yet adamant regime.
Where's Waldo?
Congrats, i played one of these in guitar center recently. Felt much better than most SE's i've played.
Quote by a_hub10
Congrats, i played one of these in guitar center recently. Felt much better than most SE's i've played.

Yeah man, alot of the SE's I played felt really light and almost not bulilt strongly. This one on the other hand feels amazing. I havent put it down haha
Quote by Truckinbilly824
Yeah man, alot of the SE's I played felt really light and almost not bulilt strongly. This one on the other hand feels amazing. I havent put it down haha

The thing that really struck me about the Santana model was the fretboard. The fret job seemed much nicer and the board itself was generally more smooth, especially in the upper register.
Good choice I was going to post to agree with the PRS > strat but it seemed like enough people had convinced you. HNGD
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
I think the should be a forum rule against calling se series "prs"....I am constantly saddened when I see nod prs content headers only to find it's an se..

Regardles...looks good...hngd!!!
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Those saddles look interesting. Any chance of a close-up?

The guitars at my other house, as soon as I get it though Ill get a pic up here for ya.

and for the guy who said something about not liking the necks, that is why I got rid of my Tremonti. But this neck feels completely and way better.
Quote by Controlpanel
I think the should be a forum rule against calling se series "prs"....I am constantly saddened when I see nod prs content headers only to find it's an se..

Regardles...looks good...hngd!!!

But it's still a PRS...

HNGD! Dat finish!
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by swatspeedman

I'm the same. PRS have never done anything for me. I'm sure they play amazingly and from what I've heard, sound pretty awesome. But the looks... It just seems so over done and over the top. But hey HNGD TS, that is definitely one of the nicer ones.
Quote by AtaBorMan
But it's still a PRS...

HNGD! Dat finish!

thats like saying "squire" is still fender...it is, but the price difference is still obscenely different.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Controlpanel
thats like saying "squire" is still fender...it is, but the price difference is still obscenely different.

No, it's like saying MIM Fender is Fender. Don't give me the squire-fender stuff!
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by Controlpanel

Yeah, its not really anything like that.
Quote by redandwhite12
Nioce man! I really wanna go to my store and play some PRS's for shitz in giggles. Also nice goldtop we should start a clan for goldtop owners

Lets do it man!!! That bitch is heavy as hell though
Quote by redandwhite12
I don't even know how to make a group but we serouisly should man

EDIT: group is made join if you like man and recruit

Done!! Lets put it in our sig and get it goin!
Quote by Controlpanel

yeah i agree, some guy got an ltd guitar but saying that its an esp
Until one of us has the $$$ to buy PRS the company and rename the SE line it will be known as a PRS. To call it anything else wouldn't make much sense, it says PRS right on the headstock. And it says where it's made on the back of the headstock.

As for including "SE" in the title of an NGD post, now that's a different story. That might be an easier task.
It's a PRS SE. Calling it just an SE isn't the norm at all, so that would just be confusing.

I do think it should be referred to as a PRS SE and not just a PRS just to avoid confusion, but that's probably not going to happen.
Shut up, and enjoy more pictures as requested!

My Gear:
2011 PRS SE Santana
2006 Agile Al-2000 goldtop
Ibanez GAX 30
Crate 15 watt
Woods Acoustic
12 String Takamine from the 70's
Very nice. I didn't realize it has a maple cap, I though that was just a veneer over mahogany(though I bet the flame maple is a veneer, but who cares)
Quote by W4RP1G
Very nice. I didn't realize it has a maple cap, I though that was just a veneer over mahogany(though I bet the flame maple is a veneer, but who cares)

Im pretty sure it is a veneer. But exactly, who cares? In my opinion I love the way it looks
My Gear:
2011 PRS SE Santana
2006 Agile Al-2000 goldtop
Ibanez GAX 30
Crate 15 watt
Woods Acoustic
12 String Takamine from the 70's