Hey all,

Just picked up a dean vendetta used for 90 dollars, I've spoke to a friend about doing some custom graphics on it, she's really good at doing cool abstract patterns and i want the guitar to stand out a bit!

Basically, whats the best medium to use on the finish? i've read that people have used sharpies, nail polish, some people have sprayed a clear coat of lacquer afterwords, so i imagine there are a lot of ways to do this.

Just after some opinions/experiences!

Cheers
the surefire way to do it is an airbrush and then seal it with some poly. Everything else will wear off sooner or later.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I had a long look through that thread and thought it was no use as I'mm not really doing a complete strip and re-finish, I just want to know the best way to draw on a guitar body! and i also stated some ideas that i'd found from searching forums, just wanted some more opinions before i did anything, perhaps from people that had done things like this before

And will i have to take the guitar to pieces to apply a clear coat at the end? i was hoping i could just have her do some work and then that be it! some people said that nail polish and a 48 hour gap after would take ages before any signs of wear, can anyone confirm this??