Hey guys, the rents are off to the states next month and said they would buy me a guitar while they are there. Thing's to note, I use alot of pedals, especially auto wah's and delays. The Music i play is quite alternative, kinda Pixies driven with some Mars Volta chaos and punk moments.

Been looking at two in particular but am very open to suggestions.

Fender Lee Renaldo Jazzmaster
Ibanez ORM1

Budget 1500, unless there is something alot better for only a couple hundred more.

Currently using an Epiphone Supernova which is really nice (Holds it's own against the Gibson 335 I tried, far prefered my epiphone IMHO). Thanks guys
well, what kind of guitars do you like?

we need more info besides the music you play and budget. When buying a guitar you have to think of things like tone woods, playabilty, body style, pickups, bridge systems, neck size/thickness, scale length......

The standard advice here is to go to a music store and play everything you can get your hands on and figure out what you like and don't like, and then get something that meets your requirements that is within your budget.

Just because someone on a forums say "this sounds good" or "these guitars are awesome" doesn't mean that they are. For all we know, you could hate the guitars that we love most in the world.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at Sep 5, 2011,
Stratt's, Jazzmasters and Hollow bodys. Prefrebly jumbo sized fretts. Humbuckers preferred. other than that not sure and open to suggestion.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by prosong12345
Excuse me, are you trying to cyber-bully me? If so, please stop, and delete above post. If you do not stop OR take down the previous post, I will report you for cyber-bullying me.
PS This is an expert opinion I got from L&M luthiers, not me.

Your opinion is wrong, L&M's opinion is wrong, you're oversensitive.

The only thing that I've noticed bothering people/bands is overly flashy/pointy guitars that don't necessarily go with their image.

What do you think of this signature guitar?

Stop embarrassing yourself and go play with your toys.
Last edited by Duv at Sep 6, 2011,
Quote by prosong12345
Excuse me, are you trying to cyber-bully me? If so, please stop, and delete above post. If you do not stop OR take down the previous post, I will report you for cyber-bullying me.
PS This is an expert opinion I got from L&M luthiers, not me.

Report me.
I see you giving awful advice on subjects you clearly know nothing about.
If you do not stop or delete above post you will be subject to:

(Invalid img)

Its not bullying, its the truth. Deal with it.
I think I've actually seen him recommend a Spider IV 15.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by prosong12345
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Depends. If it was for a small practice amp for a beginner, it's ok advice. If he's talking to a guitarist who knows anything about amps, it's terrible advice.

Anyways, if you're going to buy a guitar, you're probably better off playing it before you buy it unless you're absolutely sure it's what you want. You want to make sure everything feels right, like the shape of the neck and body.
Quote by Saint78
Dude you haven't lived until you've licked chocolate pudding out of a fat ladies back boob.

Quote by Boer Goat
I have never given a golf stack

Congratulations sir.
Quote by prosong12345

8<
I'd like an apology now.

OK, I'm sorry you're a whiner.

If you feel you're being bullied, just ignore it. It is as simple as that.
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
Whoa. What the **** did I miss?
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Some noob was talking out of his ass, and then started whining about "cyberbullying" after post #4.

He apparently removed his posts, but not before they were quoted.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Damn. sad I missed that. That's the best part of coming to these forums!
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
you might want to check out a Gretsch as that seems right up your alley and would give you a different sound. something like the G5120 electromatic is in your price range.

oh and Prosong needs to change his name to Failsong ,every thread i see him on he gives terrible advice and then getsw all bent when called out.