So, I am a huge fan of Hammett from Metallica, and Tipton from Priest. And I have learned many of their songs and solos. I just found out the other week, when I pick, my middle finger and pinky stick out. And its weird because, Hammett sticks out his middle finger, and Glenn sticks out his pinky. So then when I pick with 3 fingers (thumb, index, middle), my index and pinky sticks out like horns \m/. So, is it possible to start picking like your favorite artists by learning their songs? O.o
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
I think it's just a coincidence. Unless you're referring to picking technique, then you probably would end up picking somewhat similarly, especially if we're talking about guitarists with a distinct style. There's a guitarist who has a a stronger upstroke than downstroke, which apparently shows in his playing. I can't remember who is it though.
Quote by triface
There's a guitarist who has a a stronger upstroke than downstroke, which apparently shows in his playing. I can't remember who is it though.

I recall reading once that the guitarist from The Red Chord does that, but they're really obscure so I'd doubt that that's who you were referring to
Yeah, sorry. Badly worded question, and kinda noob sounding as well..
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09